cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event handler doesn't respond in IE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a peculiar problem. I've developed a really simple application. Its just one inputfield and a button. The inputfield is bound to a string in the context. In the wdDoInit of the controller I set the String to "Init". The buttons eventhandler changes the string to "ButtonPressed".

Now when I deploy the application it doesn't work in IE (6.0.28) on our standard computers. The inputfield displays "Init" but when I press the button I just hear three or four clicks and then nothing happens. If I change the inputfield to something else (eg "Not init") it changes back to "Init" when I press the button, so it seems that the application reloads (wdDoInit is executed).

I've installed Firefox and there the application works as it should; pressing the button changes the inputfield to "ButtonPressed". I've tried with my private computer with IE 6.0.27 and it works fine as well.

I'm using NWDS 2.0.18, Java 1.4.2_15 and EP 6 SP18.

Please help! I'm quite confused!

Best regards

Carl Schultze

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved!

I had an entry in the hosts file for our development server, so we could access it using only the computer name. Somehow this made the application fail. I don't know if it conflicted with our proxy server or something like that. By removing the entry in the hosts file everything works.

Thanks for all your help and tips.

Carl Schultze

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies so far. I don't believe that my IE version has anything to do with it. IE 6.0.28 (the one that doesn't work) is supported and newer than my other IE (6.0.27, which works). Could it be a security setting? I don't get any visible errors.

Regards

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this in your IE window:

1. Tools->Internet Options->Security.

2. Select Internet and click on the Custom Level button.

3. In the pop-up window, look for the section Scripting. Check if Active Scripting is enabled or not. It should be enabled.

4. Check the same thing for Local Intranet also.

WD uses scripting to call the event handlers. This will not work if your browser disables scripting.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

chk 4 d supported iE versions thru dis link

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001303&_EVENT=DISP_NEW&0020068250000000...

Check out the last slide of the presentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl

You said your program is working fine in other systems and browsers.so there is nothing wrong in your coding or application.the problem is with your version of Internet Explorer .

So just update yout Internet Explorer

Regards

Chaitanya.A

Message was edited by:

Chaitanya Adharapurapu