cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

I am using this Blog just for Java Mapping..I like this is picking flat file...and doing mapping..

So I need to create source Data Type and Message type?? if no so how it will be handled in XI

Thanks

Farooq.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

Yes ...u need to create Data types and message types etc....

I think u r not able to understand what should be the structure of the source and target data types....

here it is ....

SOURCE DATA TYPE:

Name

Company

Place

Designation

Since

for all elements give occurence 1..unbound

TARGET DATA TYPE:

Header

Name

Company

Place

Item

Designation

Since

for Header and Item give occurence 1..unbound..

after reading the blog u mentioned i have understood that....u can try in that way....

all the best...

Regards

Biplab

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farooq,

After developing the Java mapping you need to specify that in Interface mapping.There you need to specify the Outbound & Inbound Interfaces.For this you need to define appropriate data types & message types.

In regular manner you need to develop objects as per requirement and you can use this java mapping program instead of File content conversion part.

Hope it would helps to understand.

Regards

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forget to mention in previous message...

referring to this Blog

/people/rahul.nawale2/blog/2006/07/18/java-mapping-an-alternate-way-of-reading-a-csv-file

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what i understand after reading the blog is that he doesn't want to use complex FCC for creating the Source data type but he will read the input file line by line using a simple FCC and then use the flexibility of java to further split the data to get the required structure.

This process is a 2 step process to get the required target structure:

1. You have to create a DT and MT which will read the file row by row. For this you will have to use FCC but it will be very simple.

record set structure - Record

Record.fieldNames - row,*

Record.endSeparator - 'nl'

2. Then call the this java mapping between the source data type and required target structure. Now in this scenario you will have to use the first DT as an intermediate step.

DT_CSV

<Record>

</Row>

</Record>

you can do the same thing using an adapter module and by doing so you can avoid creating the first data type and get the final output directly from the file adapter.

Cheer's