cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proxy generation SAP .net connector 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am facing a problem after proxy generation, can anyone provide me with the resolution.

I have been trying to generate proxy for "RFC_READ_TABLE" using sap .net connector 2.0 in VS 2003 version 1.1.I tried to generate proxy with the following steps.

1)In the server explorer SAP->Application servers->add application server. I had provided the required info. like destination type= "custom logon settings",

username,client,password,appserverhost,systemnumber.

2)the system connected to the require SAP server.I have added the server to my designer for whih i got a confirmation message "METADATA SUCCESSFULLY UPDATED"

3)I have provided the filter condition for which a list of rfc was generated.

4)I dragged the rfc "RFC_READ_TABLE" into my designer. Now 6 icons are there on my designer(SAPProxy1.sapwsdll) namely Rfc_Read_Table,RFC_DB_OPT,RFC_DB_OPTTable,RFC_DB_FLD,RFC_DB_FLDTable,TAB512,TAB512Table.

Now how to confirm whether proxy is being generated properly or not. I don't see any .cs files being generated in my solution explorer? Do i need to write them manually?

It would be really helpful if any one can suggest some solutions for the same. Expecting all suggestions and solutions from all!!! Thank you all for your valuable support.

Regards

Sreekala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

shreekala ,

I have created one application using sap.net connector for vs 2003 and vs 2003. It took me two days to run that application successful.

i HAve used Bapi which required parameters to be passed .

i have made proper documentation for it .

But where to i upload that documentation so that it can be use full for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your support.

You can mail me the documentation to the following ID:-

sreekala.sugathan@sap.com

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sreekala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala,

how are you doing ?

>> Now how to confirm whether proxy is being generated properly or not. I don't see any .cs files being generated in my solution explorer? Do i need to write them manually?

the .cs files are created by the drag and drop action. they are present in the same windows directory as your project

(in case of default ASP.NET projects in the [systemDrive]/inetpub/wwwroot/myProj)

you do not need to do anything manually here )

to consume the proxy classes, you could just invoke the main method

Rfc_read_table with the appropriate parameters

with respect,

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

I am doing good, hope the same with you.

In the specified location there were TBD72.cs,TBD72Table.cs files, I have added these to my solution explorer.

Are these are the only .cs files that is generated or some files are missing.

"to consume the proxy classes, you could just invoke the main method

Rfc_read_table with the appropriate parameters"

It could be helpful for me if you can explain more about the above statement.

Thank you

Regards

Sreekala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreekala,

The only thing you may have to do is to invoke the FM you have...

ie:

You have SAPproxy called SAPProx, and you added a FM called Z_TEST.

Go to your form and double click on button where you want to call de FM.

type this:

this.SAPProx.Z_TEST(yourParameters).

No more you have to do...

Remeber that you must compile after adding the FM to your SAPProxy File....you will not see any classes for the FM as it was on the SAP connector 1.0

Check this for mor info....follow step by step...it worked for me very well.

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000050068&;

Hope this helps.

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekala,

how are you doing today ?

you do not need to add the class files to the solution explorer, they are automatically refferenced from within the application dll / executable

these are the necessarry class files that determine the structures of the objects to be sent back and forth (input output, and reference objects) for data transmission

the main class : ZmyProxyClass.sapwsd which is the proxy for RFC_READ_TABLE will have a method : Rfc_read_table which will be invoked with all the necessarry parameters (of which TBD72.cs and / or TBD72Table.cs are parameters)

please have alook at the following tutorial which details the procedure

http://www.thespot4sap.com/Articles/SAP_Netweaver_Creating_Web_Apps.asp

with respect,

amit