Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual transports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do we mean by 'manual transport'. our team manager is asking to do a

manual transport of a role. what is the difference between manual and auto transportation processes. If there is difference plz tell me how to do manual transports?

Thanks

Ramakrishna

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the name suggests, if you do transports yourself then its called manual type.

If the system does it for you (peridically), then its called automatic way.

Inorder to do manual transport of a role, create a Transport of Copies & then Goto PFCG & transport the role by including it in the request created. Then release it & copy the TR files to the target system's transport directory.

PS:

Dont forget to assign points if your question is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rama,

Occasionally "manually transporting" roles means download of roles onto your PC and upload into the target system. This is done via PFCG but I would not recommend this method as it skips the controls and purpose of the transport system.

I hope it is the process that Chaithanya is referring to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rama,

Many companies will have a designated time for transports - ie. end of business day, etc. and will have set up a program to automatically transport anything that has been released. A manual transport would be done outside that timeframe where you would do the transport of the task yourself via tcode STMS.