cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem while upgrading from MAM25 SR 2 to MAM 25 SR 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We currently have MAM25 SR2 installed in our landscape. I have downloaded the MAM25 SR6 zip file from service market place for upgrade.

I tried to upgrade to MAM25 SR6 using the NWA in following two ways (one at a time):

1. Generating a sda file using the MAM25.war provided in the zip file and then deploying the generated sda file, and

2. Generating a sda file using the MAM25.war provided in the zip file but using the sda file provided in the the SR 6 zip file itself for deployment.

After deployment, the download link generated was tested in IE and we were getting a pop-up confirming that the link is working fine. However, in both cases we are not getting the application on our MI client inspite of synchronizing several times .

We are able to get other applications deployed in the NWA on our MI client.

System Landscape details:

MI Server: NW2004s SP 12

MI Client: MI 7.0 SP 12

Kindly let me know if I am missing something.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Have you tried to assign the new application to a device id and tried to deploy. Wat does the status say in NWA about the deployed application.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to download MAM25 SR6 on the MI client.

I was certainly missing something. MAM25 SR6 only gets downloaded on the MI Client 7.0 SP12 Patch 2. We were using older vesion of the MI Client.

Thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Do you have any documentation or instruction for installation of MI client 7.0 with NWD 2004s?

I have installed MI2.5 on NWD 2004 and been using it over a year now, but we now have another server with NWD 2004s and I want to try out the new client 7.0 with MAM. I heard that it's very difference between 2004 and 2004s. Is that correct? Any helps would be great. Thanks.

Dai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai,

There is no difference in the installation process of the MI Client. I have installed MI Client 7.0 SP12 Patch 2. Only thing that will change is the port number which is given in the 'settings' of the MI client. Here, the port must be the one present on the ABAP stack, as the MI cllient sync with the ABAP stack of the MI server skipping the Java stack, unlike that in NW2004.

The major difference will be how you installed applications. The webconsole has been replaced by the NWA. After using webconsole, its look complicated initially, if not scary, but after some practise you will get hang of it.

On the MAM front, the latest version of MAM25 is MAM26 SR6. MAM25 SR6 only gets downloaded on the MI Client 7.0 SP12 Patch 2.

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (0)