cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in RFC Port

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created RFC destination and then when I try to create RFC port for the XIServer and I don't see the RFC destination when I click the input help. Is there some equivalent of actiavtion in R3. I went back again in RFC destination and I see the destination is very much there. The name of my RFC destination is ZXISERVER2. Does that make a difference.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U just have to create RFC destination and Save it. There is nothing called as activation in case of RFC Destinations. Are u using the port type Transactional RFC?

The name would not make any difference.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am using port type tRFC

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have u followed simple steps.

1. Creating RFC destination in sm59 for sender R3.

2. Saving it.

3. tcode we21. New tRFC port -> Generate port name OR provide ur own port name

4. F4 for rfc destination

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

just want to make whether u followed the following steps for RFC dest

1) RFC Destination (SM59)

a) Choose create.

b) Specify the name of the RFC destination

c) Select connection type as 3 and save

d) In the technical settings tab enter the details SAP SID/URL and system number#.

e) Enter the Gateway host as same details above SID/URL.

f) Gateway service is 3300+system number#.

g) In the Logon /Security tab, enter the client user & Password details of Destination system.

h) Test the connection and remote logon.

source:sdn.sap.com

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it necessary to enter the Gateway Host and number since I have entered the IP Address. Another starnge thing happening I have different ids for R3 and XI. For R3 it is user02 and for XI it is user01. So even though I enter user01 in the Logon tab. When I say Remote Connection it shows up as user02 in the logon screen. Why is this happening?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also the test connection and Remote Logon works

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonia,

To log in to the R/3 or XI system there will different types of users like dialog users,system users.

Dialog users are the one who will log in to the system via log on pad.

System users will log in to the system directly. The system user and password should be provided in the RFC destinations so that it will directly log in to the system during runtime or execution of any interface.

>>i]When I say Remote Connection it shows up as user02 in the logon screen. Why is this happening?</i>

You might have given dialog user id because of this it is showing log on screen again. Ideally it should go through the as u click on the remote connection if u are using system user details.

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur dialog user must have the credentials in ur Xi system too.

check the client number as well for the Xi system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hope u have given the ip address and system number of ur XI system in the RFC destination. and do test the connection too..