cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing MS Word as "graphical PC editor"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to tell SAPGUI to use a different graphical PC editor other than MS Word for editing long text?

I have SAPGUI 7.10 installed and I would like to change the graphical PC editor used for long text to something other than MS word. Maybe Wordpad or something like that. I know that if I check off the Graphical PC editor checkbox it will use the old sapscript editor built into the application server. This is NOT what I am looking for. I would like a way to use a different editor other than MS word. I was thinking that there might be some registry setting or something like that.

Thanks for your attention to my question.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

This issue has raised its ugly head again. Management is now considering replacing MS-Office with OpenOffice or StarOffice as a cost cutting measure. It appears that SAPgui will integrate fine with OpenOffice Calc instead of MS-Excel. But so far we have not found a way for SAPgui to use the OpenOffice Writer application instead of MS Word for editing long text.

Ever since we converted to Unicode SAPgui has been using some sort of a MS-Word "plugin" as the graphical PC editor when editing long text from within SAPgui instead of the built-in graphical editor. Apparently the built-in graphical editor is not compatible with unicode, and rather than making it unicode compatible they decided to use MS-Word instead.

We are using SAPgui version 7.10

PS: If you KNOW that MS-Word is the only choice, that would be really good information as well (even though I would be disappointed) I will award points for that answer as well.

Message was edited by:

Larry Browning