cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed a stand alone Web Dispathcer and it seems to start up fine. I can go in Web Admin and see lots of values.

The plan is to use it as a reverse proxy for our erecruiting system so I beleive that I need to do this by setting the icm/HTTP/redirect parameter to point to our erecruiting server, I can see that there are lots of parameters already set through the web admin display.

I can't find where to change the parameters. I cannot find a sapwebdisp.pfl file. It certainly doesn't exist in the sapwebdisp executable directory. I am assuming that there is no SAP GUI logon as it is on a Java system and therefore any refrence to RZ10/11 is not relevant.

Any tips on where parameters are currently being picked up from would be much appreciated.

(Parameters include things like icm/server_port 0 and icm/server_port_1.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard

Webdispatcher parameters are in a profile file, you need to figure out where you keep it. We always specify the profile at the command line: sapwebdisp pf=<profile>

Yours might be in the profile directory.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Found it.

When using startsap to start the instance it creates a link for sapwebdisp called wd.sap<system id>_W<system no>, in our case wd.sapWDS_W70 and calls this with the pf suffix. It is indeed using a file in the profile directory, WDS_W70_machine1. This profile is the standard generated by sap and contains very few parameters. It must be that all the other parameters that show in the admin tool are defaults within the software.

Thanks once again.