cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to wrap text in WebDynpro table cell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

how can you wrap the text in a Webdynpro table column? There is no such property in the TableColumn object. Also for the column header, I also want the text (caption) to be wrapped, also there is no such property like "wrapping", I've tried to set width of the column in hope header text automatically wrapped, but it just doesn't.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set width of TableColumn to fixed value, for example "10ex", set wrapping=true for TextView (cell editor). If this does not work, open an OSS message on BC-WD-UR.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin

you are right, in table cell we can insert textview or other elements that have the property "wrapping". But for the column header, the element is always "Caption" (when you try to insert column header, you have no choice to choose UI element, but WD automatically put Caption as UI element for column header), Element caption has no property "wrapping". So seems like there is no way to wrap the text for column header. Do you have any other clue?

Thanks

Jayson

former_member182294
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Work around is hide the table header and display the first row as header.

We can use various properties of <i>textview</i> like <b>design, semanticcolor</b> etc properties to get the header look and feel.

Regards

Abhilash