cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Alerts - Dynamic Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm triggering Alerts from BPM with Dynamic variables. In ALRTCATDEF I was not able to define the header ( Subject field on the email ) as I need to check Dynamic Text box which will deactivate Short and Long Text. Furthermore Shortext ( for example its like " Process number 00001234567 " ) in ALRTINBOX becoming Subject field in the email. So when we receive email with the Subject field as "Process number 00001234567" doesn't makes sense until you open the email.

I did gone thru the document and all the blogs and lost how to fix it.

Do anyone have the same problem?.. Please help.

Basically I want to system ID on the Subject line of the email.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible.

Alerts triggered from BPM will always have the Process Id as the subject.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh,

Thats what I wanted to hear. So there is no hope even if we open OSS note.Since we have several environments from which Alerts are getting triggered Developers wants to know from which environment Alert came from by just looking at Subject Field from their BlackBerrys.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well there is an alternate solution. But as a standard using the Control Step of the BPM, this is not possible.

Trigger Alert from a UDF as shown in this blog of mine,

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

And also as shown in this blog,

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/simple-steps-to-get-descriptive-alerts-from-bpm-in-xi

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

both options may not be useful for my situation as I just want to give meaningful description on the Subject Field.

Option 1 : cant do as we already implemented scenario and also there was no mapping in our scenarios

Option 2: We cant use this as this is related to Static Text and we want to trigger Alert from Control step of BPM.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you can write a Dummy mapping that maps the data to the corresponding RFC and makes the RFC that triggers the alert.

Both blogs use the same concept of triggering alerts from a UDF. You can pass dynamic text as you will fill up the container elements from the UDF itself.

But yeah I would suggest that this is not recommended until it is a absolute must!

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (0)