cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please, how I recover the bufferlist after a cleanbuffer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Please, how we to recover the STMS list (the transport buffer list with their status column) after a buffer clean (cmd command tp cleanbuffer) ?

When we try to add a request already imported, these request appears in the buffer (STMS list) "ready for transport", but these request are already imported in the past.

Please, can you help us to re-create the tp buffer with the real status for the requests ?

Thanks in advance.

excepticons

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

What you exactly want is not possible in the way you are trying to achieve it. I mean the information about status of a transport can be obtained through transport logs or through import history !!. I mean in import overview everytime you add a transports even if it is added in the past it will show ready for import. That is how it works.

To know whether a transport is in already or not check import history or transport logs.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Ruchit.

Thanks for your reply.

We agree that the correct way are the transport logs for view the transport history for a request. The status column from the STMS list are like a our quick reference for the transport history.

Ruchit, we have daily backups from our R/3 servers. These backups can help us for restore any file or data that can achieve it?

Thanks in advance.

Gustavo Barboza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

Well technically yes. See unless buffer refresh happens if a transport is imported in a given system the status against it will show as imported. So if somehow buffer refresh doesnot happen or if the old data is kept then you would be able to achieve the desired results.

However now coming back specifically to your rather interesting question of a transport request which is re-included in tthe import queue.

Well suppose the buffers are still showing the old data then a transport request which is already imported in the system will show in import queue with status as imported (a green tick mark). Now as long this transport is present in the queue with any status you can not re-include it in the queue. You will get the message that transpot is already in the queue and hence cannot be added. So unless you delete it you wont be able to reinclude it and once you delete it and reinclude it will come with the status waiting to be imported. The old and correct status of already im ported wont come.

My explanation might be a bit confusing but I hope it will be helpful.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, Ruchit, yes, we're a little confused.

If you can to say in another words, will be fine.

But, about of backups, is there any file or table content that can contains the data for request status queue column?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gustavo,

What you can do is you can just go through transport log files and find out about requests which were transported.

That is only place where you can find the log about that.

Ofcourse if you want to add the requests to buffer to overwrite the existing changes you can do it using Unconditional modes.

When you clear the tp buffer that clears details of all tp requests which you have done. So I am afraid once you clear it you will actually clearing all the details about it. Where as you can still find the details in logs about transports which you have done it before.

usr/sap/trans/log will provide you with all log files at OS level.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek. Thanks for the reply.

We know find and view the transport logs for any request, via se01, se03, etc., and naturally, via os log files.

We need to have the old STMS queue before the "tp cleanbuffer" command, with the old status icons before the "tp cleanbuffer" command.

Example:

Old STMS queue:

Number  Request     Owner    Short Text                                 St

127  PPDK947557  COAROOS1 MM-INCLUSION CTA    (Icon for request already imported - green ok)
   128  PPDK947561  COAROOS1 MM-INCLUSION BXS    (Icon for request waiting to be imported - green box).

But, in the new STMS queue, if we add the request PPDK947557, the status icon will be "waiting to be imported", but the request was already imported a few days ago.

This queue with the old icons can be recreated from the OS transport logs, or can we restore from a backup?

Thanks.

Gustavo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gustavo,

If you have daily backups from the SAP directory , try recovering the files in /usr/sap/trans/buffer (name with SID). The file contains the transport queue in stms.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

What i meant was that if you are able to populate the data of /usr/sap/trans/buffer/<sid>old into /usr/sap/trans/buffer/<sid> file you will be able to get all the old and actual statuses.

Regards.

Ruchit,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I will try with the /buffer folders from the last backup.

Thanks for all, and I'll reply the results.

Best regards,

Gustavo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i have the same problem

after db refresh import queue not showing the buffer requests in queue .

please help me its urgent.