cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Vs Client Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, can anybody please tell me wht is the diff between Client proxy and Server proxy, and in which scenario do we use Client and when do we use Server proxy

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we implement proxies in the sender R/3 system then it is called as client proxy and in the same way if we implement proxies at the receiver R/3 system then it is called as server proxy.

If the sender is SAP R/3 system and whose WAS >= 6.4 then we go for client proxy where our SAP system can directly sends data to XI system. In the similar fashion if the rcv system is R/3 and WAS>=6.4 then we can go for server proxy.

Also do search in www.sap.help.com. You will find lot of info.

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Prasanthi, now i got abt ABAP Proixies, what in case of the Java proxies.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Client Proxy -

> Server Proxy

(outbound interface) (Inbound Interface).

In a client proxy you should develop your request to a server proxy, inside the server proxy something is processed to give you a response. A simple example; your client sends two arguments a = 2 and b = 3 after processed, the server answer you back with 5. Well, inside the server proxy is a function that perform the sum of these two arguments (if it is sync of course, otherwise no response is sent it back).

I hope it helps,

Ricardo.

Message was edited by:

Ricardo Quintino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for useful info and Blog links...:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DSK,

check this link for Java proxy

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/27/asynchronous-inbound-java-proxy

For ABAP inbound and Outbound Proxy

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Proxy to File

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - File to ABAP Proxy

Note:reward points if it is helpfull to u

Regards,

Phani

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This looks like your first post on SDN. Welcome to SDN.

Please use the Search on SDN as this is a commonly asked question and has been answered multiple times.

Regards

Bhavesh