cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In the message mapping under conversions function category, there r two functions.

1.FixValues

2.Value mapping.

I did not understand the concept of the second one i.e value maping.In the properties window of value mapping, what should we give in place of agency and scheme.

And what is the difference between this value mapping function and the one that is given in Integration Directory under tools-->value mapping.

Please Send me an example on these with screen shots.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rambabu,

>> <i>I did not understand the concept of the second one i.e value maping</i>

Value mapping helps in defining mapping b/n values during the runtime cache of the integration server of XI.So no need to perform any RFC lookup or other lookups in any scenario and it saves lot of time.

>><i>what should we give in place of agency and scheme.And what is the difference between this value mapping function and the one that is given in Integration Directory under tools-->value mapping.</i>

You can give ur own names like for example in the agency --> srcval and for scheme --> Srckey.

The similar way give other names for the target agency and scheme while mapping with the standard functions (Value mapping).

There is connection between the Value mapping standard funtion and the one which is there in the ID under tools. As i mentioned during runtime it use the value from the table which is nothing but value mapping table which we are maintaining in the ID. So in ID define the value mapping with same scheme,agency names and give the values in the target agency that you desire in the output for the particular input agency value.

>> <i>FixValues</i>

This will create a local table in IR itself which value perform value mapping ie you can define the desired output for particular input value.

For more info please go through sap.help.com.

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rambabu,

please chek this link

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos
bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santhosh,

Did you even try to open the links you have posted here?

Are they even related to XI? To me they dont seem to be..

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I too feel the same.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

give me your email id i will send the material,

Regards,