cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Tray Selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to print a SAPScript form to 2 different trays on 1 printer. I have 2 different Output Devices defined and am using Windows printing (Method U) for both. These output devices are pointed to 2 different shares on a Windows print server - one for Tray 1 and one for Tray 2. Printing from Windows via these shares works fine, but when I print from SAP to the different Windows shares, it goes to the same Tray every time??

Does SAP override the Windows queue and ignore the specific tray assignment? Do I need to use SAPScript level Tray handling?

Thanks for your help,

Jeff Martens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PCL commands were added to the Format Types of the Device type to select the correct tray.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff, I am having this same problem. Can you tell me the steps how you resolve this problem. Thanks in advance, Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

I tried setting the Tray in SPAD, however this works for everything but SAPScript per an SAP note. I'm going to try specifying the tray in the "printer initialization" in the format type for my print.

Thanks

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

It can be done but your script will work with that printer only. In feafute if you want to change the printer it may give some problem, so keep this in mind . If possible try to check how the script is behaving with other printer after changes.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

You need to mention the Tray in the SAP printer as well otherwise by default SAP printer takes Tray1.

From SPAD you can change which Tray you want to use.

Regards,

Hari.