Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Development Needs Help: Crazy Expressions.

xMII Development want to the craziest link editor expressions (in BLS) that you can find. The only constraint is that we want them to be ones you (or a client of yours) uses. The reward you get is forum points (ooohhh... aahhhh).

Please submit them within the code block and define all global and transaction variables. If you have any XML examples, change the angle braces to square braces and avoid the XML node names 'b', 'i', 'u', 'url', 'code'.

1 + 2

<b>Transaction.XmlDoc = </b> [x] [y z = "Foo"]Bar[/y] [/x]

<b>Transaction.Location = </b> Foo

Send us as many as you would like and I'll reward points according to how crazy and complicated your expressions are. I'll reward the points on Monday September 10th.

I'm glad that you guys liked our training examples so much, hopefully after the classes everyone understands what XPath is all about

As for expressions I would say having a Local transaction property as an expression string and having that string evaluate inside the calculated columns action block.

For example you have a local string property called expression with the value: (Column13)*(Column22)

From here you should be able to configure the calculated columns action block with the following expression:

and have the calculated column calculate the value of the expression dynamically.

Hope this helps.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question