cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where we have a BOM A with component C1 ( 1 Each)... the BOM in complete is sold at 1.33

As we know SAP cannot do pricing at header BOM A level, we have to do the pricing at component C1 level........the problem is the BOM is maintained at the component C1 with 2 quantities(CS03)so i cannot maintain the pricing condition records for C1 at 1.33 as it will be get multiplied by 2 in the sales order and result in 2.66. I also , cannot maintain pricing condition records at 1.33/2 =0.665( 3 decimal places & rounding issues) ...

so is the only solution to maintain the price at even prices say 1.34 so that it is evenly divisible by 2 =0.67 & i can maintain the same in the pricing condition records or de we have any other solution to achive this scenario?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks & regards,

vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we can do pricing at Header level.

this is very much possible see if ur iem cat group is ERLA for header item in MMr then your BOM is Header item specific and you can easily maintain a price for the header item

ok ...if it is LUMF then only the BOM pricing is determined at item level ok

just check with this .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply... yes it is LUMF so need to do pricing at item level which affects other areas like FI & BW posting requirements.

please advice

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP you can carry out the pricing at header as well as sub item level.

To carry out pricing at header level, go to MM02 select your header material and in the item category group & gen item category group maintain "ERLA". Save the settings. Whenever you create a sales order the system will carry out pricing at header item level only.

If you sell the sub items individually also then maintain the prices for the header item as well as the sub items in VK11. Save the pricing records.

Now go to VA01 and enter the header item in the material column, give the qty. When you check the pricing conditions you will see the system will carry out pricing only for header item and the pricing at sub items though maintained will be ineffective. It will be marked as yellow.

<b>To get clear idea of BOM go through this:</b>

BOM is of 2 types - Pricing at header level and pricing at sub item level..

For pricing at header level go to MM01 to create material master for header material. In basic data1 select item category group as ERLA. also in Sales:sales org 2 there also maintain ERLA in both fields of item category group. Complete the master and save it.

Now create the material master records for sub items also and in this case the item caegory group will be NORM as usual. save the records.

Now go to CS01 - cretae BOM.

here in the material field enter the name of the header material, enter the plant name in the plant field and in the BOM USAGE select 5 (sales & distribution). Leave the Alternative BOM field as blank. Now press enter.

In the Component field enter the material codes for the sub items and in the ICt column select 'L' - stock item. enter the respective quantities and save the BOM.

Maintain the pricing for the header material in VK11. Since the sub items can also be sold as individual items maintain pricing for them also.

Also check the item category assignment in VOV4. The item category for header item is TAQ and for sub items is TAE.

Go to VA01 - create sales order. Enter the material and the BOM will explode.

This completes your BOM with pricing at header material.

For pricing at sub item level:

For pricing at header level go to MM01 to create material master for header material. In basic data1 select item category group as LUMF. also in Sales:sales org 2 there also maintain LUMF in both fields of item category group. Complete the master and save it.

Now create the material master records for sub items also and in this case the item caegory group will be NORM as usual. save the records.

create the BOM as mentioned above. Maintain pricing for sub items In VK11. The header item pricing is not relevant in this case.

Maintain item category determination in VOV4. Item category for header item is TAP and sub items is TAN.

Go to VA01 - create sales order. Enter the material and the BOM will explode.

This completes your BOM with pricing at header material.

I hope I ahve answered your query. Reward valuable points if solution helps.

Rewards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks. it was a very helpful but the issue is we want to do pricing sub-item level.

I would like to know, how to have a BOM sold out for 1.67 or any other odd figure when we have 2 of the same quantities which are maintained in the CS03 as a subitem with 2 qty?

please advice

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you want to carry out the pricing at the sub item level only. See it will effect you when you will sell the sub item individually.

Suppose if you maintain price for sub item as 3Rs/-. The header item BOM contains the sub item with 2 quantities. So when pricing will be carried out then the total price will come out to be 6Rs/- which will not be acceptable to you as you will be selling the header item for around 3Rs/-.

Now if in VK11 you maintain the price for sub item as 1.5Rs/- then your problem will be solved but when you will sell the sub item as individual item and not under the header item at that time the price maintained in VK11 will not be accepted by you.

Think over this issue and let me know why do you want to do like this. For sub item level pricing maintain "LUMF" in item cat & gen Item Cat group in material master for the header item only.

Regards,

Allabaqsh G. Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

To take your example, we always will maintain the condition records as 3 Ra each so the calculation will work as follows

BOM

Rs 3 *2(Quantity of component A since we have 2 of the same component) =<b>Rs 6</b>

Addtional Discount for component A as it sits in a BOM=Rs3.00

so my final result is still 3.00

I have a problem however if we need to sell the product for say <b>Rs6.01instead of say 6</b>, how can we maintain a condition record with 6.01/2 =3.005(Decimal & rounding issues)

Please advice

Thanks,

Vinay