cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered Server Program not being registered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all, I'm an ABAPer, not a Basis guy, so i apologize if i'm not giving all the info required to solve this issue.

We have a program that's scheduled to run every morning at 4am. This program calls an RFC to XI and sends data to an external SQL database.

it seems that EVERY Sunday, after full backups, the initial run of this program fails. If it fails, the job is run up to 3 more times. Almost 100% of the time, one of the successive runs works.

And when I say a successive run works, I mean a duplicate job that's been kicked off, literally less than 1 minute later, will run fine.

Also, the job will sporadically fail during the week on its first run, yet successive runs will work.

it seems to me that there is a problem registering the program that my ABAP program calls.

any ideas on what I ask my basis/XI team to check for?

points will be awarded.

thanks,

rp.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rp,

when the job fails for the 1st time, can u put that job failure log here ? may be that can help to understand and identify the issue.

thx

chetan khatri

Former Member
0 Kudos

here's what we could find

M Thu Sep  6 04:04:38 2007
M
M  *****************************************************************************
M  *
M  *  LOCATION    SAP-Gateway on host hrxxx.valero.com / sapgw45
M  *  ERROR       program RFC2XMBSERVICE_HR2XIP not registered    <--------  error here!
M  *
M  *  TIME        Thu Sep  6 04:04:38 2007
M  *  RELEASE     700
M  *  COMPONENT   SAP-Gateway
M  *  VERSION     2
M  *  RC          679
M  *  MODULE      gwr3cpic.c
M  *  LINE        1694
M  *  DETAIL      TP RFC2XMBSERVICE_HR2XIP not registered
M  *  COUNTER     239
M  *
M  *****************************************************************************
M
A  RFC 1485  CONVID 80501535
A   * CMRC=2 DATA=0 STATUS=0 SAPRC=679 ThSAPOCMINIT
A  RFC> ABAP Programm: ZHRO_FLEX_ONLINE (Transaction: )
A  RFC> User: SAPHR (Client: 120)
A  RFC> Destination: RFC2XMBSERVICE_HR2XIP (handle: 1, , )
A  *** ERROR => RFC ======> CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT'
Transaction program not registered
 [abrfcio.c    8065]

We don't understand why this program fails to register itself a few times per week.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you check the dev_rfc traces on the CONNECTING systems also?

--

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

This program needs to be registered. "RFC2XMBSERVICE_HR2XIP".

Refer Note: 63930. This has a command to register this external program on SAP application server. Kindly let your basis guy know and he will register this program for you.

This program is used in the RFC communication which you can see in SM59 - TCP/IP connection type of connection (T).

Let me know if this was of help.

Regards,

Abhijeet Bhagat