cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of Ep with BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an EP 7.0 sitting on a java server and another BI system sitting on a different server.the BI system has its own Portal for technical reasons.

I have the SSO and system connectivity working between the ep7.0 and the BI server.

question 1: which portal do I use to allow end users to use the portal. ( the ep7.0 or the portal which comes along with the BI system) ?

question 2: If I am using the EP7.0 for the end users what do I do with the portal which comes along with the BI system ?

I understand that the BI-JAVA usage type is required to enable the Bex functions to work , hence I have my EP7.0 with usage types (AS java, bi-java and EPC, EP ) for the EP7.0 portal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I think it's preferable to have the users being given the BI system which contains the portal. If your BI system is on NW-04s all the functions on the java-side and the connectivity can be configured easily through Template-installer.

I think you have installed EP-core, EP on BI system, so why unnecessarily waste the resources of the BI system.

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a standard role 'Business Intelligence' which provides the different functions. Assign this role to check out the possibilities!

To create your own roles, publish your webreports out of the Query Desinger or Web Application designer into the Portal Content. Then, you create a role in the portal and assign those iViews to that role.

regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

u cn refer to this

<b>FAQ's:</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a5067965-0901-0010-6f8a-bbf...

Regards

Bhargava

pls award points if the link is useful

robert_liu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Please check this document: https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700005089192006E

Let me know if it is helpful.

Regards,

Robert