cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi 2 all,

For making an ABAP Client Proxy we need to make an entry in Exchange Profile which helps in getting the information from Integration Builder for generating interfaces.....

Now my doubt is if i am using 5-6 systems for generating interfaces...suppose for SRM, SEM, CRM...etc...how can i make multiple entries in exchange profile of XI for these different systems for generating interfaces from Integration Builder.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if n different systems wants to connect with XI Integration builder for proxy generation how that could be made possible?

hope my question is clear...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Doesnt matter the number of systems which want to connect ..

For proxy generation we dont need to do anything in exchange profile.

We just need to login to different systems and configure them.

Just go thru the blog(3022) mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Sumit

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exchange Profile is hoplding the information of my IR, so SAP System who can acess the Exchange profile can intrun acess the IR.

So in each of the applicaton system like SRM,CRM you are running the SPROXY which will get the data from the Exchage profile to open IR.

You are trying to acess IR from different systems as you have mentioned.

so the Exchnage profile will give you details of the IR which you are trying to acess from the different application systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question was related to Proxy Runtime :

1. Why do we make entry in Exchange Profile of XI ?

Like :

Exchange Profile

- IB-Address: Exchange Profil, Sektion Connections: com.sap.aii.connect.repository.name

- IB-Port: Sektion Connections: com.sap.aii.connect.repository.httpport

- Path: Sektion Connections: com.sap.aii.connect.repository.contextroot

- User: Sektion ApplicationSystem: com.sap.aii.applicationsystem.serviceuser.nam

- Password: Sektion ApplicationSystem: com.sap.aii.applicationsystem.serviceuser.pwd

( If i am not wrong then these entries help the application systems to connect with the integration builder on running SPROXY and shows us the interfaces form which we can generate proxy which contains respective msg types, and interfaces etc..)

Kindly correct if i am wrong ..What i feel that the response i got was related to Proxy runtime not with Proxy Generation

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

As I recall,

there is no profile changes for PROXY generation.

you need to configure each Integration Engine (IE) of each ABAP system that sends\ receives proxy calls from\to SAP XI.

you do that in SXMB_ADM using the Integration engine configuration guide as explained in sap.help.

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

For making an ABAP Client Proxy we need to make an entry in Exchange Profile which helps in getting the information from Integration Builder for generating interfaces

What parameter are you talking about here ??????/

If all the different SAP systems have the same XI server defined as the integration server then in the Tcode of SPROXY of each of the SAP systems you should be able to genereate client proxy.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will have to follow thru these steps to establish connection for each R3 system amy it be SRM, CRM, ISU etc -

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies