cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPDEV_00 service not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a strange problem with our Development server which is not starting since today morning.

The server was automatically restarted yesterday night for which the reason is unknown until now and our onsite consultant is working on the same.

Very strange is that the SAP MMC is not showing the central instance so that we can start it and continue the work.

But we are unable to find a way to comeout of this problem,

Also when checked with the services related to SAP and SQL all are fine except for the service SAPDEV_00 where DEV is our SID is not at all visible in the list of services file.

Unable to know the reason we are stuck up trying to start the sap from os level, which also was not successful.

Can anyone please help me with this issue.

Its real urgent as the server is completely stopped since morining.

Thanks a million in advance

Reward points for sure for all helpful answers.

Thanks and regards

Hari Haran.V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies..

I have resolved the issue...

What we actaully did was homogenous system copy, which was the only solution..

Million thanks to all...

Regards

Hari Haran.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure the license is not expired.

Normally SAP MMC will not show any instances if the server is expired.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

The SAP licence is still not expired and HOW can the service SAPDEV_00 disappear all of a sudden.

And the other servers like the PRD and the BWDEV and BEPRD are all working fine.

Can you please tell a way to retrieve back that missing service(SAPDEV_00) which i think is causing the problem, and its strange that the CInstance is not shown on the SAPMMC.

can you please help me what is going wrong.

Waiting to hear from you,

Regards

Hari haran

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This happened to me several time especially after any upgrades to the windows operating system. All you need to do is launch the SAPMCC and click "File" menu and select "sapmmc.msc" under recent files list and will resolve this issue.

If you still don't see then right click on the "sap systems" Properties->Fixed and add the sap systems you want to monitor. In fact you can add several SAP Systems and you can monitor all at once!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI R.Th,

I have tried the steps you mentioned,

But i was not able to reload thru FILE----> sapmmc.msc, here we had only 1 option which we selected but nothing happened

Do we have to close the MMC and reopen.

Also with the second option that you told i find no options in the PROPETIES sheet where we can ADD sap servers...

I had 3 tabs GENERAL, SHORTCUT and SECURITY

Both the trails failed...

Do u have any another work around for this problem please.

The operations are stopped since 2 days

Its getting neck tight for me.

Looking for a quick reply

Thanks in Advance

Hari Haran.V

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hari,

You said you were not able to reload the sapmmc.msc does this mean you are unable to find the file under the menu item "File"? If this is the case then the file "sapmmc.msc" should be available in "C:\windows" if not search in the hard drive. Whatever is the location you find then you can select "File->Open" and select the file. Once you are done with this you should see a node called "SAP Systems" with the SAP Logo image (small one). Basically what you are doing here is opening the SAM MMC Snap-In.

Let me know how far you are able to get to this.

RT

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to re-create the service:

sc create SAPDEV_00, then go edit the service and put:

path to executable: D:\usr\sap\DEV\SYS\exe\run\SAPSTARTSRV.EXE pf=D:\usr\sap\DEV\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS00_[servername]

logon: SAPServiceQPR

password: xxxxx.x.x.x.x.x.

try to start the service. if this works, you should see it now in SAPMMC