cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC adapter: greek characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are reading and sending data from a ms sql dbase towards our R/3 system via PI (JDBC adapter).

I am having some problems related with exotic characters (greek). Reading these characters from the dbase works fine without any additional config, but writing these characters gives problems.

When I check the message logging inside XI, the characters look fine, but the result in the dbase is not.

ex:

XI = Martine ΑΤΤΙΚΟ ΘΕΡΑΠΕΥΤΗΡΙΟ

dbase = Martine ?????? T???????????

I already tried changing the charset of the communication channel to "iso-8859-7", but that did not fix the problem.

Anyone an idea?

Kindest regards

Joris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In note 831162 (FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 JDBC Adapter) is mentioned:

"2. Unicode Handling

Q: I am inserting Unicode data into a database table or selecting Unicode data from a table. However, the data inserted into or retrieved from the table appears garbled. Why doesn't the JDBC Adapter handle Unicode correctly?

A: While the JDBC Adapter is Unicode-aware, many JDBC drivers and/or database management systems aren't by default and need a codepage or Unicode-awareness to be configured explicitly. For the respective JDBC drivers, this codepage setting is often configured via the driver URL. For details, refer to the documentation of your JDBC driver or database management system.

Note: For the Lotus Domino Driver for JDBC, there does not seem to be any documented method to enable support for Unicode strings."

Does this help you?

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Hi already saw the info you wrote down. If you use the connection url, without any parameters, unicode is enabled by default. I've also tried it with the unicode parameter, but without the expected result.

At the moment this is my connectionurl:

jdbc:sqlserver://hostname:1433;databaseName=DBDev;sendStringParametersAsUnicode =true

Should this additional parameter normally be sufficient?

Kind regards

Joris

Former Member
0 Kudos

This looks more like an issue for the database.

XI should convert/keep the correct character set.

Does the DB have the correct character set available?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

When I insert the greek characters manually via a java SQL client, using the same JDBC driver as XI does, it works.

This means:

1) That the dbase can handle the greek characters

2) That the used jdbc driver can handle the greek characters

I think I have to configure the unicode handling somewhere on the communication channel, but I don't know how.

Has anyone an idea how to fix this problem?

Kind regards

Joris