Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upgrade java components through JSPM tool for ECC 6.0 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are upgrading JAVA components to SP-STACK 12 for our system GD0(ECC

6.0 TWS ),and we were struck in the middle(only few components have been deployed and for others it is throwing error).

The error it throws from /SDM/program/log/ is

"Cannot login to the SAP J2EE Engine using user and password as providedin the Filesystem Secure Store. Enter valid login information in the

Filesystem Secure Store using the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool. For more

information, see SAP note 701654."

And for this I followed note#701654 and updated the password of admin in Filesystem Secure Store and restarted the J2ee server ,even after doing

all this steps also still we are facing the same problem.

Currently when I try to login into J2ee engine through URL

:(<host>:<port>) it displays "Application you have requested is stoped",and when I check throw jcmon all three were under running

status(dispatcher,server0,sdm)

Kindly advise me on this..as I am struck in halfway..

Best Regards

Raki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a dual stack system.So your user admin is ABAP stack. Go and change the password of the J2EE_ADMIN from client 001 if not changed.

First check if you are able to start the config tool. If yes.

Go to secure store and change password of admin/user/SID (J2EE_ADMIN) and admin/password/SID with the new password.

Try applying the patches.

If still doesnt work try applying the patches using SDM (RemoteGUI.bat)

Reward points if helpful

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nirmal,

Thanks for Update,

I tried again by changing the password through configtool "secure store" and then I restarted j2ee_engine also .Even though i am getting the same error while applying through SDM tool & JSPM tool also.

This is error log it shows in SDM tool screen at the time of deployment.

===========================================================================

Deployment started Thu Sep 13 13:15:22 BST 2007

===========================================================================

Starting Deployment of DocumentServicesLicenseManager

Aborted: development component 'DocumentServicesLicenseManager'/'com.adobe'/'Adobe Systems'/'710.20060929113452.336248'/'2', grouped by software component 'ADSSAP'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'1000.7.00.12.0.20070507083121''/'2':Cannot login to the SAP J2EE Engine using user and password as provided in the Filesystem Secure Store. Enter valid login information in the Filesystem Secure Store using the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool. For more information, see SAP note 701654.com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.DeployManagerAuthExceptionWrapper: Wrong security credentials detected while trying to obtain connection to the J2EE Engine. (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMAUTHEXC)

Deployment of DocumentServicesLicenseManager finished with Error (Duration 4108 ms)

Starting Deployment of ADSSAP

Aborted: software component 'ADSSAP'/'sap.com'/'SAP AG'/'1000.7.00.12.0.20070507083121''/'2':Failed deployment of SDAs:development component 'DocumentServicesLicenseManager'/'com.adobe'/'Adobe Systems'/'710.20060929113452.336248'/'2' : abortedPlease, look at error logs above for more information!

Deployment of ADSSAP finished with Error (Duration 1549 ms)

Can you kindly update me ASAP, to fix this problem..

Thanks one and all for helping me.

Best Regards

Raki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Are you able to connect successfully via SDM?

2) If yes then may be refer to SAP Note :

959873 - Error files OPERATESDM_x.ERR generated in JSPM log dirs. OR

870445 - SAPJup J2EE Engine Password Does Not Change After an Upgrade

3) And if You are Not able to login and connect via SDM then you need to refer

the SAP Note : 701654 - Deployment aborts due to wrong J2EE Engine login information.

Regards,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Thanks for update,

I have gone through all the notes which you have provided and note 870445 & 701654 are one and the same which specifies the way to change the password and save it.I have already done these steps still the same problem persists.

Can you kindly update me for resolving this issue.

Best Regards

Raki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

From the details of the problem it seems that there is surely a security issue.

I hope you have checked the note 701654.

Now let me know if you have followed the steps exactly as mentioned below.

J2EE Engine is up and running.

Master Client is 001

You have changed the user J2ee_admin in 001. The user will be a dialog user. So After change of passsword login to the ABAP instance with j2ee_admin with the new password and change the password again after prompted.

Updated the new password in config tool secure store

Restarted the engine.

Aftre Java is up login with J2ee_admin using Visual Admin to see if the new password really works.

Then try to deploy using SDM

Check the server log in x: /usr/sap/D*/j2ee/cluster/server/log

Check the server log in x: /usr/sap/D*/work

Thanks...Reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nirmal,

Thanks for the update,

This time it worked after following your steps clearly.

The only mistake I did is , I have not changed the password in master client(001), all the way I am changing in default client (customer client 501)..

Any way nirmal thanks for helping me .and sorry for not rewarding points as I don't know where to do that ...

Thanks for all in helping me out.

Best Regards

raki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

I have the same problem. What do you mean here "You have changed the user J2ee_admin in 001"? Where can I find 001?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It meant changed the password of J2EE_ADMIN in 001 client.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nirmal,,

One more small doubt,even though I have succeeded in completing this task.

I have few doubts in this concern:

1>Why are we changing the password in master client(001) instdead of changing in default client(Customer client).

2>And I have heard that ,we can find java users pointing to which client in the system through VA(visual admin tool).But I could not found that in VA.

Awaiting for your reply.

Best Regards

Raki

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rakesh,

JSPM has this special feature of putitng the system into SAFEMODE whenver wny error occurs.So for any furthet changes,you have to bring it out of SAFEMODE.

YOU can do it this way.

1.Go to /usr/sap/SID/JCxx/j2ee/configtool----

>./configtool.bat or ./configtool.sh

On the top left of the screen,

You can see <b>FILE</b>Click on that and go to <b>SAFEMODE</b> option

SAFEMODE will be YES.Make it <b>NO</b>.SAVE and restart the system.

Now the system will come up.

If the <b>secure store</b> settings are still not working,TRy changing it again as done before and Restart once more.

It was done before,Continue deployment.

It will work now.

reward points if helpful.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

If you have edited something in secure store just try to restart J2EE engine once and see it should work.

Looks like its in hung status as you say JCMON shows the system is running with url its not. Kindly restart once it should make it possible.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek