cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load xMII transactions dynamically during runtime?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to load xMII transactions dynamically at runtime. We want to pass the transaction name dynamically at runtime and load the transaction at runtime. Is it possible to do that using "Out of Box" vs 11.5 ?

If not possible, is it possible to achieve this using the custom action blocks?

Thanks,

Sara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sara,

Another way to use a URL to run a transaction is to use the XMLLoader action. The XmlContent will contain the transaction output.

We had the same problem with a growing switch action, so we wrote a generic transaction that takes in the parameters required, forms the URL, and then uses XMLLoader. It's working well for us and doesn't seem to have a performance hit.

Bill

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sara,

Have you considered looking at the help docs?

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Business_Logic_Services/illumintegrationguide.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii115/helpdata/en/Business_Logic_Services/illumintegrationguide.htm</a>

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jeremy. It is a good point that we could load xMII transactions dynamically at runtime using Http Post action block and Runner.

But it would be nice if we could achieve this without using Http Post action block.. I think the only other solution is to write a custom action block. Am I right?

Thanks,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

I guess as Jeremy mentioned it's very easy and reliable to use transaction execution through url.I support that method completely.

But as you are insisting in using it, why dont you use a switch block and add all transactions possible under different cases and send a flag at run time and run the transaction.This i am not suggesting to use because it's a hectic job because in case you created a new transaction in future and you need to update switch block in the main transaction.

Moreover, my 100% support goes to running transaction through url.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Yes, we do it using a very big switch block. We don't like it because Transaction is growing bigger and bigger and it is very difficult to maintain.

Yes, we will consider using the URL approach. Thanks for your input.

Thanks,

Sara