cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM Client ON PDA not working ..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed and working Win 32 MAM Client on my notebook. Today i`ve tried to install it on PDA with Window Mobile 2003

There were no problems with installation....Device ID is OK, the connection is OK... but, the only think i see in MAM menu is User View Management.I`ve tried restarting PDA.. i`ve synchoronized it several times

ME SP03 (with latest versions of mesync.ear and WebConsole.ear)

WAS 6.20 BASIS/ABA sp50

J2EE Server (latest version)

MAM 2.0 sr05

ME Client 2.1 sp03 pl06 hot fix 4

Any comments are welcome.

Kind Regards,

Martin Radev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin & Satya,

Martin, Have you solved the problem? If yes, may I know the solution?

Satya, can you pls raise a new query for your topic with proper details. It will be a better idea if we keep two different issues separate.

Regards,

Rahul

Message was edited by: Rahul Gavande

stefan_schwing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check the status in the middleware transaction merep_mon.

Check if there are messages at all if you sync. There, you can also see in which state the messages are.

Cheers, Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the similar problem.

I have done installation and configuration for MAM2.5.

After deploying the application I am only able to see <b><u>User View Manager Link</u></b>.

No other menu option are activated.

Please help me solving this.

Thanks

Satya

<b></b><b></b>

peterng
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Martin,

Have you set up the backend server (like R/3 4.6C or later) for the MAM?

You need to work on the customizing in the backend system for the user you have. You can refer the MAM documentation that comes with the CD/download. The name of the doucmentation is: MAM Business Configuration Guide.

I strongly suggest you to use MAM 2.5 SR2 instead. You can download this from Service Marketplace.

From what you have described, it seems like you do not have a backedn system set up yet. You were just synchronizing against the ME middleware (i.e. WebAS 6.20)

You can also check out the SAP Best Practices for Mobility in the MI section of SDN. It has step-by-step guide for you how to set up the MAM on the MI landscape.

Hope that helps. Thanks.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same problem. It was some missing authorizations on the users in the backend. It think it was R3_BASIC, but I am not sure. You should check with the backend to see what authorization have in your user profiles.

After the correct authorization was in place, I have to replicate the Synch BO's to make it work.

After that, and a few synchronization later, I could see all the MAM menu options.

Hope this will help.