cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 7.5.00.32 to 7.6.x.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm planning to upgrade a database from 7.5.00.32 to 7.6 however it's not clear what the current supported MaxDB 7.6 patch level is. On the marketplace I can find both MaxDB 7.6.00.35 and also 7.6.02.16. Are both of these valid upgrade targets, supported and stable? The application is SAP ERP2004 SR1 on RHEL ES 4 Update 5 (x86_64).

Many thanks, GMA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

go for the 7.6.02 Build 16. That's the newer one of both and should be used nowadays. The other one is just kept there to offer some customers the chance to stay on their Patchlevel 0 some time longer.

Anyhow: both are stable and supported for the use with SAP products.

KR Lars

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars/Melanie, thanks for the quick replies.

Melanie, I've already checked PAM and V7.6 is good for my platform, etc. The only component that's being upgraded is the DB so as you say I'll be following the DB upgrade guide. MaxDB V7.6.00.35 is on the market place under the alias SWDC. Expand out: -

Download --> Database Patches (from other vendors) --> MaxDB and SAP DB --> Upgrade --> MaxDB --> MaxDB 7.6 --> Installation

From there you should be able to see V7.6 build 18 and 35.

The V7.6.0x patch is under: -

Download --> Database Patches (from other vendors) --> MaxDB and SAP DB --> Patch Installation --> MaxDB 64-Bit --> MaxDB 7.6 64-Bit --> MaxDB 7.6 64-Bit --> Linux on x86_64 64 Bit

On here I can see V7.6.02.16 and V7.6.03.07 patches. Looks like V7.6.03 was posted today so is 'hot off the press'....!

I'm still a bit concerned about the stability of the V7.6.02/03 versions as there was only a month in-between releases. I'd be a bit more confident if someone from SAP could comment on stability etc.

Thanks again...!

George

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can tell you, that we run 7.6.2.X (actual 16) for two months now in test and production (R/3, CRM, SolMan etc.) without any remarkable problems - so yes, it's stable.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Georg,

7.6.02 and 7.6.03 are no new releases they are called support packages.

We plan to ship a new support package once a quarter of a year. Therefore it will comes more often.

The number behind the support package number are for bug fixes within a support package. Until a new SP is finished we fix all errors also in the older SP.

For that reason the time between to patches may be short.

Regards,

Burkhard

Melanie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

first of all you should check in PAM (Product Availability Matrix) if version 7.6 is released for your application.

For major release upgrades you should then follow the upgrade guide and use the recommended CDs. It might be that an older MaxDB version (like 7.6.00) is on these CDs - then you should upgrade the database afterwards to the newest version.

You can always upgrade to the newest available SP of the released version.

On Service Marketplace this is SP 2 (version 7.6.02). However, in a few days version 7.6.03 (= SP 3) should be available there - so you might want to wait with the upgrade for the new version.

More information about the version string can be found in note 972785.

Could you please let me know, where you did find version 7.6.00.35 on the marketplace? When I was looking, I could only find version 7.6.02.

Best regards,

Melanie