cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWL-Populating data in one field based on input in another field

0 Kudos

Hi All,

In the selection criteria.

1) Is it possible that on select of one field we can populate another field?

2) Let’s say I defined a search help or ovs for a field. Eg I have a OVS or search help to get the object id. Is it possible that the relevant object type gets populated in another field?

I'll be thankful if you could provide me with some pointers.

Thanks,

Shushant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Do you have any idea how to use the parameter 'OVS_HANDLER_NAME' ?

Do you have any sample code ?

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shushant,

But make sure that in debugging mode the values are coming to the OVS handler class.

Best regards,

Suresh

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your inputs. I'm using POWL framework. Are you sure this will work in that? Basically I need to mention the name of the class in the ls_selcrit-ovs_handler_name in the get_sel_criteria method for a particular field(say field1). This class in turn has to implement IF_POWL_OVS interface. I just want to know once we get the data how do we manage to populate another field(say field2) in the selection criteria of POWL? I've not implemented so far though.

Warm regards,

Shushant

S-H
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shushant ,

This could be possible.

1) Is it possible that on select of one field we can populate another field?

Implement the interface IF_POWL_OVS and check if in the debugging mode in the method IF_POWL_OVS~HANDLE_PHASE_3 i_ovs_callback->context_element has the required attribute. If the attribute is present then we can set the value.

2) Let’s say I defined a search help or ovs for a field. Eg I have a OVS or search help to get the object id. Is it possible that the relevant object type gets populated in another field?

-When the user clicks on the F4 help of 2nd selection field at this scenarion if we want to filter the values based on object id.

This could be achivable if the IF_POWL_OVS~HANDLE_PHASE_2 method's importing parameter I_OVS_CALLBACK's CONTEXT_ELEMENT element instance has the value of the 1st input field(object id) attributes value. Check if this value is coming in debugging mode. If this value is coming then take the value and set prepare the result set based on the object id.

Best regards,

Suresh

Message was edited by:

Suresh Honnappanavar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Do you have any idea how to use the parameter 'OVS_HANDLER_NAME' ?

Do you have any sample code ?