Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc packaging at sender side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What is Idoc Packaging?

I have a scenario(Idoc to file) where sender is sending multiple idocs and I have to collect it without using BPM is it possible? Can Idoc Packaging help me in this.. If yes kindly give me all the development details too.

Thanks in advance,

Anu Singhal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

According to me,

when you are using trfc port...and multiple idocs are sent to SAP XI ......each idoc will be processed seperately...

You can collect idocs at the sender side.....using XML port........

Regards,

Sushil Hadge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anu,

Read this:

regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

The thread that u have refer talks about file-idoc scenario.

My scenario is Idoc-file, and have to collect idoc without using BPM

can u pls tell me in my case whether it is possible with Idoc Packaging

Thanks,

Anu Singhal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As mentioned earlier check out this blog..

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anu,

No way that is a link for File to IDOV/

Have read ur question carefully. Do open that thread and there the blog,

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

and other useful info on idco packaging are mentioned.

In your case, if the idocs are of the same type, you can go in fr idoc packaging.

Also Sravya, has in the blog clearly mentioned, when u can go in for idoc packaging.

regards,

Vish'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need not to do the configuration for this.

You just need to create Message Mapping and then change occurence of XSD as 0..unbounded.

then do the Message Mapping.In Message Mapping you need to use External Definition of IDOC and in Interface Mapping use imported IDOC .

Regards,

Akshay Jamgaonkar.

• Dont forget to give points if find useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to collect idocs with out bpm then go through the following blog

and then use a file to file scenario.

If not then there is not other way out rather than to implement a BPM which will collect the idocs. This is not recommended much as it will slow the performance to a large extent.

<b>Cheers,

*RAJ*</b>

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

Please look into the below thread for michal's answer:

You can refer the below blog for collecting multiple idocs without using BPM in the sender system only.

Refer the below link for info on idoc packaging:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38...

Also:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in your partner profiles in the R/3 (WE20) --> outbound parameter's choose -> output mode --> collect idocs.

idoc packaging will not help you in your case.

Or

You can also look at writing all the idocs into a file directly using a file port in the R/3 side and then just use XI to transfer the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Can u pls tell me that when Idoc Packaging is useful

Suggestion that you have given, I think with that the communication will be done via File port and not TRFC port..

If I want to make use of TRFC port then what is solution.

Regards,

Anu Singhal

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to use a Trfc port then you will have to collect the idocs using a BPM scenario.

Idoc packaging:

When you import an idoc into XI you will observe the occurence of the idoc tag is only "1", which means that your msg in XI can have only 1 idoc tag.

So if you want to post multiple idocs into R/3 based on your source structure mapping then you can increase the occurence of the idoc tag

(1..unbound) and this is called idoc packaging.

Idoc packaging can be used in the sender side for example in a scenario where you are reading multiple idocs structures from the same file. In this case, in the input idoc msg structure the occurence of idoc tag has to be changed.

In your scenario, since the data is coming directly from SAP and each idoc will be sent separately from the Trfc port by R/3, you dont have to use idoc packaging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u elaborate more in detail when to use Idoc Packaging at sender side?

As what I have understood In a single file you have may idoc's then how Idoc Packaging will be helpful?

In my scenario too I have to collect Idoc before transmitting to XI so will Idoc Packaging will be helpful?

Regards

Anu Singhal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Singhal,

If you dont have any complicated criteria and if you only want to collect IDocs for every n no. of minutes then go through this weblog:

Also here you can schedule RSEOUT00 for the time how much you required. Also make sure you select the correct Idoc else it will trigger for all the Idoc sender scenarios.

Also please see the comments in this weblog.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please clarify where you want to collect the idocs inside XI or outside XI.

If its inside XI and you are going to trigger the idocs using the Trfc port then you will have to do it using a BPM - refer any of the blogs provided in the above posts.

If its outside XI, like you are creating a file port and dumping all the idocs into a file in that case you use idoc packing for your scenario and change the occurence of the idoc node by following the steps as described in one of the previous posts.

Cheer's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

Look into these blogs

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

*********Reward points if helpfull......