cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Model problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've imported the web service model by an online wsdl provided in the tutorial of sdn. What should I configure in the proxy host and ip so as to make it work? I've tried "proxy", the name of was server, everything, included Stateless and Http cookie based connections, do I need something else or I've made a mistake??

Thank you very much,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To everyone: there's no problem in posting in this thread, if we are here is because we want solutions, so Rowtula, go ahead!

The creation of a Web Service model requires a wsdl direction. You can make it on your own, or use an external wsdl, which I chose. You can find the URL in one of my last posts. You can find which is your own wsdl by entering http://<server>:<port>; and check the deployed projects and other options too, including wsdl. This goes to the ones that asked for this info.

MY PROBLEM IS: In the logical ports I checked the HTTP proxy, which requires the host name and port. After entering this information, and deploying, the application throws a ConnectException, connection refused. Please help!!

Thank you very much,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Fran,

You have to specify your HTTP Proxy host and port there.You have specified WAS host and port number which is wrong.

When accessing internet, if it goes through HTTP proxy server then you have to specify that proxy server information here.

If you are not using proxy server for internet then no need to specify anything there.

Regards,

Bhavik

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rowtula, I don't have that problem you are having, the model should be type "UDDI or URL", then click Next, include de link I provided. Click Next and Finish. If this doesn't work, check the tutorial in Help -> Welcome in NetWeaver. That steps work really fine, at least to see logical ports!

Bhavik, the port is ok, the host should be "proxy", i.e, I have Proxy Host:proxy Proxy port: 8080. is this information ok? Even if I don't specify host (that means not using a proxy server) and doesn't work either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fran,

I guess you have completed following steps:

1. Specified your HTTP proxy server hostname/ip address in logical port file. If it is not working by specifing correct host name then specify IP address instead.

2. You have specified HTTP proxy port number in logical port file.

3. you have given username and password info. of proxy server if it requires user authentication using following code.

wdcontext.current<node>element().modelobject()._setusername("username");

wdcontext.current<node>element().modelobject()._setpassword("password");

Write this code before executing your model.

Check and try this and let me know.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavik, I tried what you suggested and it's still not working. Proxy doesn't need user autenthication, so I didn't use the code you added. I tried with the IP too and it still catches the ConnectException...

Thank you very much for all your help, if something comes to your mind, please let me know!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fran,

Give your error stack for ConnectException.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

The WD throws the following:

Service call exception; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fran,

Can you provide the whole stack trace for this Exception?

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally, I could solve it by unchecking the usage of HTTP proxy, that worked!!

Thanks a lot to you all, Bhavik, Rowtula, Anilkumar and Nagakishore !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fran,

I am facing the same problem as yours.

i.e. While executing the webservice application from webdynpro I am getting error message:

<b>Service call exception; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused</b>

You said you solved it by unckeching the usage of HTTP proxy.

Can you tell me exactly where did u uncheck it?

becasue in my internet explorer browser i have already unckeched it and still it is giving me the same error. Do i need to do some settin gin webdynpro application for the same?

Help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tejas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Probably it's the model's node of your web Dynpro project right above a node called Logical Ports.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Danilo Andrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem could be because you unchecked the proxy settings in the Model.

Go to WebDynproProject> -expand the Model ->Select Logical Ports and open.

Now on the rightside you can see the "use HTTP proxy" checkbox.Please check the checkbox and redeploy the application.

for testing just i have used the following code and its working fine for me.

try{

Request_SendEmailPortType_sendEmail mail=new Request_SendEmailPortType_sendEmail ();

mail.setFrom( "Anilkumar");

mail.setFromAddress("vcanilkumar@yahoo.com" );

mail.setTo("Vippagunta");

mail.setToAddress( "vcanilkumar@yahoo.com");

mail.setMsgBody( "TEst");

mail.setSubject("TestMail");

wdContext.nodeSendMail() .bind( mail);

wdContext.currentSendMailElement() .modelObject() .execute() ;

}

catch(Exception e)

{

}

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks a lot for ur co-operation!!

but for me, problem is i'm not able to find the MODELS -(Input and output classes or nodes or even the model node itself) NODES under the MODELS so i cant expand it to change my logical ports. This is the case when i use the external WSDL but for the WEBSERVICE which i created in my server its not having a problem, i can see the logical ports in that.. so wat can be the problem? can u please help me? I tried with this WSDL that which Fran provided only.

Are u not getting this problem Fran ?? then why is it for me like this? i already changed the proxy settings in my preferences->workbench.

Stil i dont understand the mistake.. so kindly help me..

Thank you and Regards,

Sirisha.R.S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I can see the page as well...

It is: http://www.abysal.com/soap/AbysalEmail.wsdl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That means there is problem in WSDL itself.I think that is no longer valid.

Please try to open the WSDL file in the IE,i think you will get "page can't be displayed" error.

Maybe you need to search for another email service !!!

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the problem is that the e-mail is not sent, and the nested exception is UnknownHostException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i have similar problem but even more strange!!

And Fran, Can u please tell me how u imported the Web Service, I mean which option u used in the Option

Select wsdl Source : ??

Because i tried importing this with all the three options and am not successful. U'll not be able to find any models created with this wsdl.

Sorry if i'm wrong but can any one please tell me where am i stuck??

I started importing a web service then tried all the three options but none of them r working... please help me..

But i tried creating my own web service and tried importing it .. its working fine.. then wat is the problem in using already existing external webservice.

unless this works there is no point in using a webservice.

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you explain in detail what is the error message your are getting when you are executing the webservice?

Regards

NagaKishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

First of all i'm sorry to query in this thread which is not mine.. but i just want to clear this --

when i'm trying to import my webservice itself there r no model's being created. I have set the proxy settings in the preferences also but its of no use.

one more thing i want to clarify -- when i go for uddi or url option of the select wsdl source option i should pick up the url existing in my server and this wsdl is not present in my server so how can i pick it up??

that is where i go wrong i think, can u please help me doing this.

Regards,

Sirisha.R.S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is while importing the model??

Then go to window->preferences->Workbench->Proxy settings

and check "use proxy server" and give the values.

Regards, Anilkumar