cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Console login faile, but DataManager login works ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a big and strange problem and i hope you can help me. I have a MDM installed on a server with an SQL DBMS Server installed on the same. I could create new repositories and unarchive my repository. All works when i work directly on the server.

Now i installed the Console and the DataManager on another PC in the network. When i start the console, i can mount and start the server (with the IP adress) and i get a green point for that server. I can see the mounted repository where i have to log in. When i try to login i get the message: "Repository login failed; please try again. Error: The Server is no longer responding". When i try to login in the DataManager with the same Login information, i have no problems and i can work on the repository. (I have to say that the repository is always mounted and loaded).

My problem is that i need to change the datastructure in the console, but i can't login...

Does anyone now an anwser?

Best regards

Frederik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frederik,

You got to login to the repository individually; after mounting it; use the default 'Admin' as user and blank password. only when you load the repository you can log on it from DM.

Regards,

CHARAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is not the problem. The repository is already loaded. When you start the console and mount the server you have first to login to the repository even when it's already loaded. You can't use the Admin user with a blank password, when this user is created with a password. I have access to the Datamanager with this Admin user and i can do everything in the Datamanager.

Only if i have admin rigths on the MDM Server computer i can login in to the repository When i have normal user rights i just can use the DataManager, but this can't be right... There must be any problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederik,

What version of the software are you running? There was a problem in the Console that was corrected in SP5 Patch 2 with Console users not being able to connect (and getting the error that the server disconnected) because of ICMP ping operations being prohibited for the user on that machine. One way to verify if this is the problem is to log in to the machine as a network administrator and try using the Console (it should work); you can also ask your LAN manager if ICMP ping is prohibited. (By default it is prohibited in some newer Windows platforms.)

Upgrading to SP5 Patch 2 is the recommended fix; if you are already using SP5 Patch 2, please submit an OSS message.

Thanks!

Cleopatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

finaly i tried the new patch and that solved the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards

Frederik Hopt