cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positions of elements in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I'm trying to get to know Web Dynpro a little bit better, but now I don't know what to do...

I'm building elements on a view dynamically. I'm adding a transparent container and then I want to add elements (buttons ecc). I give the container the Matrix Layout, but I want to define the postions of my elements-like a textview on the left side and a button on the right side. Now my result is that the button on the right side is far more on the right than the other transparent containers I am adding later...

Can somebody please advise me how I can control the postions of these elements better?

Thanks in advance!

Points will be rewarded for helpful answers!

Felix

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried to set the button in a seperate container?

else you can maybe set your main layout type to gridlayout (to place the containers in)

and later use the matrix only within the containers, that way the containers on the

right side are always aligned (when you set stretched horizontaly eq to abap_true in your gridlayout)

when you want a container to be filling more than one column, you can play with the colspan

grtz,

Koen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Concerning MatrixLayout: It has a rather unfortunate value of "true" for property "stretchedHorizontally". Maybe you just set this to "false" initially.

After that, you can construct rows of "cells" just by giving the row "head" element a MatrixHeadData object. Columns can be spanned using the "colspan" property. Paddings are assigned to useful values by default.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Felix,

I learned that it's much more easier to position UI elements manually in layout painter. If thats not a solution for you, then you can create them manually and bring them in the desired order and position. When you are ready, you know what properties you have to give the elements and can do the same dynamically.

Hope this helps!

Regards, Matthias