cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Degenerate the loaded objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

after our installation of solman we had execute the SGEN tcode with the option "Generate All objects of Selected Software Componenets" in No Archival Mode. We have 60 GB space in the server after installation we left out with 12 GB so that we have put the database log mode to NO ARCHIVAL MODE upto the SGEN job. But after running 30 HRS of the job completed successfully but 2073 objects is not genereated and then there is no space in the disk now left out with 900 MB. We have dump error to increase the tablespace of PSAPR3700 index to rectify. Since bcoz of the lack in space we want to revoke the loaded gnereated object and again run the SGEN for ABAP and BASIS components only since there is no necessity of other components.EXPERTS!! Is there any way to degenerate this loaded objects and again uiw ant to run for the selected ABAP and BASIS component ???

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi payal

if u say about the ora archives which is being generated in oraarch direxctory for ur information i have triggered the job in the no archival mode so archives have been generated

bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How many clients you have??

Try to delete any client if it is not being used.

then do reorganization.

This will create space.

Regards,

Payal patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi payal

thanks for your reply

could u guide me how to erase the archive and retrieve few space from that

and any other method like reorg and anyother tool to retrieve some space.

We can see the generated objects in the GENSETC table . if i delete the CRM and BBCRM objects in that table will effect the performace or it is integrated things ehich we should noty do?

bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have your archives in saparch directory. (/oracle/PRD/saparch).

As this is your new installation, reorg won't help.

Check saptrace, sapreorg,sapbackup and sapcheck directories if any entries are there.

If you you don't need them, remove the contents other then latest content from it.

Regards,

Payal Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i do know that we cannot degenerate objects. In my view sure there will alternate soution will be there for this problem. I think from the oS or DB level we can degenerate i think some one acan guide me. Moreover at present situation we are not interested in adding the DISK to the server

ANY ONE COULD HELP US?

Regrads

bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During SGEN, indices are being re-generated.

Please check your archives and remove them, that will give you space.

Extra objects are not generated in SGEN.

And there is not such option of degeneration.

Regards,

Payal Patel

Message was edited by:

Payal Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

You can not degenerate the objects.

But please check Archives, and if they have been created then remove it if you don't want.

and i would suggest to increase disk space, by adding extra disk for future use.

because after sometime you will face the same problem while increasing tablespaces.

Regards,

Payal Patel