cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How one can maintain versions in MDM. What are the different ways to do the same. Also would like to know what could be the alternative of transport mechanism for 3 system landscape?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Mehul Shah, PMP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

one way to check the version of your clients is to start the clients and select in the top menu the entry: "help". There is an entry called: "about MDM...) There you can see the version of your client software.

Is that what you searched for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this is not what I am looking for. My question was about manaing versions. How can I manage changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently there is no version management in place- however there are option to archive & unarchive repositories. This option is available in the MDM Console- so in short all changes made to a repository & its records (structural & data)as on a particular date can be archived.

On a data record level if you want to know if an update has been made/ deletion/addition then i nthe console enable the change tracking options for hte required tables/fields. Therefore all changes which are made by users in the repository can be seen i na change log avialble on the database server.

Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

> On a data record level if you want to know if an

> update has been made/ deletion/addition then i nthe

> console enable the change tracking options for hte

> required tables/fields. Therefore all changes which

> are made by users in the repository can be seen i na

> change log avialble on the database server.

As an alternative, you can add a timestamp/userstamp field, if it is enough to just see that there was a change.

Do you want version control for the repository structure, or for the contents? Or for both?

Kind regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for replies.

I want version control for repository structure as well for contents. It's difficult to manage 500 plus validations across the landscape.

- Mehul Shah, PMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

Then I think it's best to regularly archive the repositories and use some external versioning application.

Unfortunately, there are only few things that can be saved incrementally or apart from other repository information. Validations don't belong to these things...

Kind regards,

Dennis