cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of the activity fails u0096 no source files in the active workspace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I’m working on a NWDI installation since last month. The NWDI server (NW2004s) has been installed and configured with the following parameters:

Some Details:

- Java Stack on SPS 12

- No complete Developer Workplace, we only use the Studio (SPS 12)

- DB: Oracle 10g

- SDK: 2 SDK, Standard Edition x64 1.4.2_15

Installation Usages Types: DI, AS Java, EP Core, EP (EP for the Visual Composer)

Performed configuration steps:

- adaptation of VM parameter in the Visual Admin

- patched the NWDI Server and the Studio from SPS 9 to support package stack 12 + available single patches

- run the template installer => NWA with type “DI Allinone – run all post installation Steps for DI, CBS, CMS, DTR”

- Oracle Parameters changed, User and Authorizations created and assigned (UME, J2EE Security roles, DTR => ACL List), SLD (Creation of a new Landscape), Configuration of the CBS with the VA

- Configuration of the Studio (SAP J2EE Engine (fill in the NWDI engine), Proxy Settings, Development Configuration Pool)

Development Steps for an example:

- Creation of a new software product (SLD)

- Namespace reservation on SLD => Application Context Root, Development Component Name

- Created a Domain and a Track on CMS

- Attached all Software components to the track (my own dc, SAP-JEE, SAP_Buildt, SAP_JTechs)

- Check-In the Software Components on Transport studio => CMS

- Moved the development configuration into Studio

- Created a ear- and a web-project => Display a JSP File (It’s the same example like in the SAP Course TADM10)

- Check-in the activity under “Open activities” => Activate

My problem appears during the check-in phase in the studio. I was able to check-In the source files in to the inactive Workspace on the DTR, but the activation of the activity fails. (I thought that the build process runs automatically after the activation - also the movement from the source files from the inactive to the active workspace?).

I received no error message, but I can’t find any source files in active workspace. The activity seems to be pending. I locate the request in the CBS, the request state is “failed” regarding the request type “activate”.

At the moment there is no separate runtime system assigned to the NWDI System.

Questions:

1. Have I forgotten an important configuration step?

2. Can I use the NWDI Server also as a runtime environment (DEV System)?

Please let me know if somebody has an idea.

Thanks.

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thanks again for your second answer.

I have used the sca File “SAP_BUILDT12_010003479” for three different setting steps in the CMS module.

1. During the configuration of the track in the Landscape Configurator (Required software component)

2. During the Check-in in the Transport Studio (Development)

3. and during the import phase in the Transport Studio (Development)

What do you mean with “has a dependency to "SAP_BUILDT"”? Is this a separate configuration step?

Furthermore, I checked the import in the module CBS, of the “SAP_BUILDT”, it contains approximately 100 DCs. Is it possible that I have an invalid/incorrect BUILDT.SCA file in use? The value of my own Software Components is 0.

Thanks.

Best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

SAP_BUILDT12_010003479.SCA should contain exactly 49 DC. SCA files are just ordinary zip files, so extract your SAP_BUILDT and count the number of files ending with ~dcia.zip.

There should be a file sap.comtcbibpenterpriseApplication_compdcia.zip that contains the required plugin.

Is the component tc/bi/bp/enterpriseApplication displayed in the table for the compartment SAP_BUILDT in the CBS and with "green" state?

By the way, can you build your DC locally in the Developer Studio (right click on the component in the Development Infrastructure perspective -> build)? You did not mention that in your initial post. The build in the studio downloads tc/bi/bp/enterpriseApplication from the CBS, so if the local build works, there is somthing wrong on the CBS.

With "has a dependency" I meant what you have done in 1., i.e. entered SAP_BUILDT as required software component for your SC.

Regards

Michael

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

yes, you are right! The Dc has exact 49 DC, but I have mixed up the value with the component “SAP_JTechs”.

Now, I was able to perform a full development cycle to attract attention to two points:

1. I have attached the dependency of all SCA Files during the definition of the product in the SLD.

2. Secondly, I used “public parts” the first time in favour of the development step.

Under the regard of these two steps, the build process, the activation and the deployment of the development runs successfully.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards

Christoph Mühlhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

regarding 2: I would not recommend it. If something gets deployed that requires a restart of the engine you will find CMS/TCS in a rather confused state afterwards... Note 754143 explicitly states "Do not use CMS server as a runtime system".

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

thanks a lot for your answer.

I found the following error messages in the <b>request log</b>:

<i>Calculate all combinations of components and variants to be built...

"xxxtest.com/math/calc/webdc01" variant "default"

"xxxtest.com/math/calc/webdc01" variant "default" cannot be built. Activation will fail.

INVALID dependency is declared to public part: default.

[DC 247 variant "default"][SC 65 "xxxtest.com_TASCHENRECHNER_1"] using [PP default of DC 6 at Build-Time Dependency]

"xxxtest.com/math/calc/eardc03" variant "default"

"xxxtest.com/math/calc/eardc03" variant "default" cannot be built. Activation will fail.

The required Build Plugin "sap.com/tc/bi/bp/enterpriseApplication/enterpriseApplication" IS UNKNOWN. None of the compatments contains a suitable plugin for this component.

[DC 248 variant "default"][SC 65 "sanofitest.com_TASCHENRECHNER_1"] using [BP sap.com/tc/bi/bp/enterpriseApplication/enterpriseApplication]

Prepare build environment in the file system... started at 2007-09-04 06:13:54.316 GMT

Prepare build environment in the file system... finished at 2007-09-04 06:13:54.316 GMT and took 0 ms

===== Pre-Processing ===== finished at 2007-09-04 06:13:54.332 GMT and took 406 ms

Change request state from PROCESSING to FAILED

ERROR! The following problem(s) occurred during request processing:

ERROR! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component "xxxtest.com/math/calc/webdc01" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

ERROR! The following error occurred during request processing:Activation failed due to component "xxxtest.com/math/calc/eardc03" variant "default". The component is BROKEN.

REQUEST PROCESSING finished at 2007-09-04 06:13:54.332 GMT and took 422 ms</i>

The <b>Build Log</b> was empty.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

the CBS cannot find the build plugin for the component "xxxtest.com/math/calc/webdc01". That plugin is in the SC "SAP_BUILDT". Please check in CMS that your SC "xxxtest.com_TASCHENRECHNER_1" has a dependency to "SAP_BUILDT" and that you have correctly checked in an imported the SAP_BUILDT.SCA archive. Note, checkin and import of *.sca files are two separate steps in CMS UI. You can check the import in the CBS UI: just select the buildspace for your configuration and check the SAP_BUILDT compartment. It should have around 45 to 50 DCs (depending on the SP).

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

the activation does start a build, but if the build fails (e.g. for compilation errors), then the activation itself fails and your activity is not integrated into the active workspace. This is the expected behavior.

Just check the request log and build log of the activation request (in the Activation Request view in the NWDS or in the CBS WebUI) for hints why the activation request failed.

Questions:

1. nothing obvious missing

2. you can, but I would not recommend that for a productive NWDI