cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot complete MaintenanceCycle;CTS project for tasklist X cannot be rel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Out of user request I was testing having several maintenance project to same landscape to have multiple maintenance cycles. This resulted in inconsistency in maintenance cycle and task list phase inconsistency, which we were able to correct, thanks to this forum.

I have three maintenance projects containing one maintenance cycle each in status being completed. I've locked two of them when I handle one. I've also set all CRs and Correction documents to either implemented and confirmed or rejected and withdrawn and manually deleted transport requests from system.

When I set the Maintenance phase status to Completed, I get an error message that not all tasks have been completed for MC XX and then a list of un-released TRs (which is not accurate). After that I receive instructions for completing CTS project and a list of systems and in the end the Move to next phase is rejected by the system.

In SLG1, the error message states that "the release process is asynchronous and might not have been completed yet. Try again later."

How do I correct this situation? I'm very greatful for any hints you may give me!

Thank you in advance!

BR

Auli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you are not able to close the maintenance cycle because there is one transport request not released missing, it is the transport request you created when you create the CTS project. In order to release this transport request go to your project in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN transaction, then System Landscape->IMG project, select the CTS project and push change button. Once in the CTS project in the satellite system go to "transport request" tab and "cts project status switch", select the development satellite system and set "Request can be released". Come back one step, select "assigned CTS request" and select the transport request. At this point click on the release button and release the transport request. After doing this reset to "Request cannot be released". Now you can close your Maintenance Cycle.

Antonello

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonello!

Thank you for the instructions. Unfortunatelly I'm still unable to complete the maintenance cycle. The related Task list does however get status Completed where Maintenance Cycle remains in Being Completed status. The system issues me an error (please see bellow).

The system thinks for some reason that there still are transport requests that are not released. The fact is that each related CR and correction document is now withdrawn or in production status and the transports have passed through landscape (succesful import to production).

Do you know what I could try next? Should I try running SA38 and remove inconsistant or obsolete cycles from a project?

I'm very greatful for any advice you could give me.

Kind regards,

Auli

<b>Error message after running Complete maintenance cycle:</b>

An action was terminated due to an exceptional situation.

Message no. SOCM_ACTION_LOG 090

Diagnosis

An exception has been triggered in PPF action processing.

System Response

Action processing has been terminated. The status of the transaction is still incorrect.

Procedure

You cannot execute the action until the cause of the error has been removed.

The error messages will be kept until the transaction is next checked for subsequent analysis.

Procedure for System Administration

If necessary, analyze other messages in the application log for the incorrect transaction. To analyze the termination, you can activate the breakpoints in the checkpoint group socm_exception.

Additional Information:

The phase value update was terminated

Exception LUW_BROKEN_BY_COOPERATOR was captured

Exception CX_SOCM_ACTION_FAILED occurred (program:

CL_CHM1_MAINTENANCE_INSTANCE==CP, include:

CL_CHM1_MAINTENANCE_INSTANCE==CM009, line: 101).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

As said, I had three maintenance projects and subsequently three maintenance cycles open at the same time in for the same system landscape.

I repeated the steps for three additional MCs in the system, activated task lists (I lock them when I'm not using them) and managed to complete cycles without any errors.

With the original maintenance project I reset the task list status in SA38, changed status of one of the mandatory tasks in task list and finally managed to complete the cycle.

In other words, thank you Antonello, your instructions did do the job, ones I managed to straighten minor issues in the system.

Best Regards,

Auli

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I rewarded the points incorrectly and I want to give the points to the person who actually did solve this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reward points if I was helpfull.

Thanks

Antonello

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonello,

I hope this is now OK. Sorry for the mixup!

BR

Auli

Message was edited by:

Auli F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deleted

Message was edited by:

Auli F

Former Member
0 Kudos

hELLO,,,,AUli!!!

is it ok..if i tell you a way in which you can force fully close the MC....if thts is wht you are looking for!!!!

if yes reply back...i CAN HELP..you!!!!

ACHILLES!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you clarify what you mean by fully closing a maintenance cycle? I you mean that after closing a MC I can still keep creating new ones, then yes.

What is puzzeling me is that SolMan is trying to close CTS projects and the problems seems to be that transport requests for the CTS are not released. I haven't come accross this before until I had several MCs and Maintance projects in parallel to the same landscape.

I am greatful for any hints and advise I can get.

BR

Auli