cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) when i post 100 records from file to R3, how many IDOCs will be created in Integration server.

2)when we want get 100 records of data from R3 to File , how many IDOCs will be generated in R3 side.

Regards

dhanush.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

By using BPM you can collect all the IDOCs from file i.e you need to define the no. of IDOCs to be collected before sending to Receiver system or time based.

Ex. If you have 200 records in the File and being send to Receiver system in the IDOC format, if you give 100 each then two messages will be created in the XI and other end will have 200 IDOCs. this is called Collect Pattern in the BPM

Sudheer

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dhanush,

<b>I believe records means u refer here to each IDOC messages.</b>

<b>For Question 1:</b>

- See No IDOC's will be created in Integration Server. IDOC's will be created only when it got posted in R/3 System.

- I can say based on your scenario design 100 IDOC's structure messages are created but not IDOC's in Integration Server.

- You can handle the scenario in two ways upto my knoweldge.

-

Split the 100 records and send each record to R/3 system.(You need BPM for this)

-

Export the IDOC change the occurrence of IDOC to 0..unbounded and in the mapping logic map records to IDOC. Hence if there are 100 records 100 IDOC Message structure will be created. Finally when u post the IDOC in target system 100 IDOC's are created.

<b>For Question 2:</b>

- From R/3 side 100 IDOC's will be created in order to get 100 records.

- Here also you can design scenario in 2 ways..

-

Use BPM and collect 100 IDOC's and map to target structure so that 100 Records are created.

-

Collect 100 IDOC's in file system by creating File port[I think u might knew the blog] and finally do file to file scenario.

Hope it helps!!!

-raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Can you please explain me with out using BPM.

thanks

dhanush

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dhanush,

For Question 1 , refer Michal's blog.https:///people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

For Question 2,refer Stefan's blog. /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

-raj.