cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offsetting account number determinatitons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm working on FI-CO module on a 4.6C SAP release. I would like to how how it is possible to customize which offsetting account the system should select when posting CO documents. Actually when posting a CO document the systems automatically displays the recepient cost center, the cost center used, the amount and an offset account together with and offset account type. Which through transaction is possible to indicate to the system which specific offsetting account to select? Has this anything to do with statistical postings?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Davide

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba,

thanks for your swift answer! I would like another small piece of information: from which customizing transaction is it possible to implement another logic for the offsetting account determination?

Thanks again

Davide

former_member581986
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is what I think is not possible )

The logic is predefined by SAP and is hardcoded in function module FI_OFFSET_ACCOUNT_DETERMINE, which you can check out in transaction SE37. Even if you have no ABAP skills, you should check it out for the inline comments. Also, there are some OSS notes dealing with this issue, all of them are changing the above function module a bit.

But finally, from a user/consultant point of view, there is no chance to change this logic. In OSS, you can search for COEP-GKONT if you like.

Some standard reports (like the mentioned RFHABU00), a particular business transaction event (BTE) for the FBLxN transactions in FI, and the Special Purpose ledger are using built-in or custom methods for offsetting account determination.

RFHABU00 and the BTE (FBLxN) is display only, and Special Ledger is of course something custom-specific. In Controlling, as explained above, the logic is fixed in the above function module and the result is stored permanently (consider OSS note 45122 on a possible change afterwards - but handle with care!!!)

Hope this helps, points welcome

Csaba

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to use function GET_GKONT.

Check also BTE 00001650.

With best regards,

Wojciech

former_member581986
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is preset for internal rule 2 if I am correct. To have an overview on the built-in offsetting account determination rules, run report RFHABU00 using transaction S_ALR_87009850 or S_ALR_87012312, and locate the Offsetting account determination field on selection screen. Press F1 for an explanation, which should be quite comprehensive.

I think CO is using rule 2 here, but it could be rule 3 as well, I am not sure. But what I am quite sure on is that you cannot change it ) This is because the offsetting account is physically stored in the CO line item (field COEP-GKONT, in connection with COEP-GKOAR, based on these two the offsetting account description is read on-the-fly when executing the report). So if you would like to implement another logic, you do not have to change the report, but the internal way those fields are filled during creation of a new CO line item.

Hope that helps, points welcome

Csaba