cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to call the endpoint: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working with a scenario that use the SOAP adapter to call a web service from XI.

This scenario is working 98% of the time but sometimes we get the following error:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Failed to call the endpoint: HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

I do not think this is a network issue as we resubmit the workflow from SXMB_MONI_BPE and the error is the same. If it was a network issue I guess this would resubmit successfully.

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this intermittant error ?

Also, this is not an easily reproducable error so there is no point raising an OSS call as SAP will need a reproducable example which we cannot easily do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Colin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andrzej_Filusz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!!!

The error code you received (HTTP 500) means that there is rather a problem on the server side.

Could you check if there are any details about this error in SXMB_MONI? Choose trace and check it out.

My advice is to run a tool like TCPMonitor (from Axis platform - you can download it for free from www.apache.org) and put it between you SOAP adapter and your web service.

It enables you to monitor the SOAP communication. This solution save my skin many times.

Good luck,

Andrzej

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem,But i can not use any tools since it is production.

Please reply with possible solution ..

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

Since u are getting the error when calling an external webservice from XI, this is an error on the webservice provider's box(webserver). You may wnat to contact the administrator of the webserver and ask him to into the error logs. This is a very common issue when using external webservices from XI. Look at the following for more information on HTTP 500 Error

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error:

This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of your Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

This is a 'catch-all' error generated by your Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of your Web server site to locate and analyse these logs.

Hope it helps,

naveen