cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Preconfigured MI Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I need to preconfigure a MI Client (MobileEngine.conf). I'm using MI 70 SP 12 Patch 2. I unpacked all the files from NWM_JSP_WIN32_uncomp.sda and the installation is working. but after installation the client won't start. When I'm using the setup.exe from NWM_JSP_WIN32.sda it works well. Can anybody help me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help!

I solved the problem. The file "listOfJars.txt" is missing when you use the unpacked version. I added this file and now it's working!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The variables are set, but i get the same error message:

MobileEngine

Time out 61

Can't connect to server!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Then I suggest you to run the startup.bat file present within the MI Home directory in a command prompt and then paste the output contents here.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The reason for this error is due to missing Enviromental Variables. The setup.exe present in the uncompressed one relies on the <i><b>JAVA_HOME</b></i> and <i><b>JAVA_EXE</b></i> Environment Variables that are configured in your system where as the normal setup.exe relies on Windows Registry Entries. So to solve this problem, add the <b>JAVA_HOME</b> and <i><b>JAVA_EXE</b></i> Environment Variables and point these to the path where JAVA is installed.

For Eg:

<i><b>Variable Name: JAVA_HOME

Variable Value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_12

Variable Name: JAVA_EXE

Variable Value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_12\bin\java.exe</b></i>

The Environmental Variables can be changed by navigating to My Computer - > Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables -> System Variables.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar <i></i>