cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating XI with external VB application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

My problem is to understand how to setup a communication between an external VB application and XI using RFC as transport protocol.

Currently the VB appl. uses the rfc sdk toolkit in order to log on (by means of an ocx program)and make a synchronous call to a custom function module on R/3 backend side (two steps: authentication + call).

It's necessary now to make it possible by means of XI as bridge for the communication.

As you know, within the rfc sender adapter the only parameters I can specify are: appl. server, appl. server service and program ID; but it seems that at the moment the VB application does not use those parameters.

Do you have an idea about how to configure the new communication scenario?

Thanks a lot,

Tiziano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiziano,

We made a similar scenario as you, with a dll made in VB communicating with RFC's in SAP via SAP XI..

We made it installing and decentral adapter engine (plain j2se adapter engine) in the machine where dll's were installed..

The communication protocol between VB and XI we used was SOAP and between XI and R3 RFC..

Hope this can help you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiziano,

The eastest way to do is to design a scenario in XI where the inbound(reciever) interface talks to backend sap system using the RFC Adapter, and the outbound(sender)interface is exposed as webservice (Send SOAP Adapter).

VB application should be able to generate proxy classes out of the wsdl and you should be able to call the webservice. IN this way you dont have to do any mumbo jumbo stuff or need any sdk stuff.

This is a standard ESA pattern.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

Is it possible to use HTTP sender adapter and still use webservice? if so, how do I do this? Do you have any document?

Thank u

Thilothama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

If i am right i guess its the SOAP adapter which is actually used for websevices and not HTTP.

Just see the following Scenario which will actually give you a clear idea as to how to implement it practically.

<a href="/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi Scenario</a>

I guess this will help answer your query

Regards,

abhy