Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Execution in Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a business scenario where two users need to handle the same record

1) Purchase User

2) Safety User

Both the user have to fill in a few fields manually (each user fills in a set of field which is seperate from the other user)

eg. Purchase User enters fields 1, 2, 3 and the Safety User enters fields 5, 6, 7.

At the end of the manual entry there is a validation we run in the workflow such that we run a not null check on the fields he is supposed to enter

We want that once the Purchase user enters his fields, the Purchase Validations run and he can exit

Safety User can enter his fields and run his validations when he has time

Each should be able to enter the values and run the validations independently

We have tried putting the 2 processes in a group so that we can work concurrently, We are unable to include validations within the group.

While saving the same we get error messages like - validation cannot be part of the group.

We use MDM SP05 Patch 02 HF 5.5.42.64

MS Visio 2007

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

it's no possible to include validation into a group. In your case, my idea, is that you can create two Workflows.

The first is triggered when Purchase User insert some fields, then the process pass to Safety User in order to insert the remaining fields.

The second is triggered when Safety User insert some fields, then the process pass to Purchase User in order to insert the remaining fields.

In this way you are able to begin the process from both the users. Insert validations in each workflows.

Hope this help you.

Regards,

Vito

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

You can create 2 users as well as define the role for a perticular user in MDM Console.To do your task, I think that you can go to repository hierarchy in Console and explore the admin and select "role" where you can define the roles by selecting "functions" as well as "table and field" tabs in lower right panel.here you can set the role for a perticular user whatever you want.

I hope, this will help you.

Thanks,

Saurabh Sahu