cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i'd like to know if there are some ways to have, inside customizing SRM 4.0 or 5.0, a Budget availability check. Now we work with a replication of SC in request of Purchasing on R3, in this way SAP works with its standard functions for checking Budget availability.

Thanks

AB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Budget availabiltiy check will take place in R/3. This check has to be set in R/3 as there is no specific FI settings in SRM for availability cehck.

with regards

Manjunath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

richard_feco
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

the budget availibility check in SRM is a commitment posting simulation. Once you set up all the connection mechanisms in your SRM, you will check the budget, i.e. you will simulate a commitment posting into ERP or R3.

This happens from the Form routine PROCDOC_CROSS_CHECKS in BBP_PD function group. You may deactivate the budget check completely -- just look for the right BADI BBP_BUDGET_CHECK on SE18. If you want to alter something in the 'correct behaviour' -- look up FM BBP_PD_COMMITMENT_FILL_ITAB.

Just be careful - when you activate the iDoc BBPCO01 - you'll get commitments posted; here a budget check occurs as well, i.e. once there's no budget available, you'll get an error in transfer.

For more details 520717 Budget check in EBP.

Btw - I don't expect that much changes in SRM6.0 at that point.

BR,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

This is customized in SRM when defining your backend system: <b>Supplier Relationship Management/SRM Server/Technical Basic Settings/Define Backend Systems</b>

Manage column <b>FI valid</b> with "Real-time backend validation".

NB: Be careful, this validation gets through SAP validation rules and filters, so check that your filters are applicable for RFC calls from SRM (many clients use the SAP transaction code as a filter, which will not be verified for RFC calls made by SRM).

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Vadim