cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java sources in external library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have an external library that contain many jar files.

One of them is turbine-2.2.jar from apache org.

I need to debug the code of turbine-2.2 but where I should put the java sources

downloaded for turbine-2.2 (turbine-2.2-src.jar)?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ola. There may be other ways to do it but here is what we did in a similar situation.

The source code has to go in a DC of type Java. If you already have such a DC you can use it, or if you want to have a separate DC for this you can create a new one.

Extract the code from the source jar to somewhere on your hard drive temporarily. Then open your new DC in Package Explorer view in Studio. Select the 'src/packages' folder.

Now go to Windows Explorer to the root folder where you extracted your jar file. Copy that folder and paste it into the src/packages folder in Studio.

This will add all the java code to Studio.

Next right-click on each package and choose Development Component --> Add to Public Part as a Tree. Create one Public part for each package using the "provides an API..." radio button and create another choosing the "can be packaged..." radio button.

Now go to the external library DC and remove the turbine jar(s) from the 'libraries' folder.

Lastly, go to the DC that uses the turbine code and create a Used Part for each of the new Public Parts. Do a Development Component --> Build and then Development Component -- Deploy.

Now you can debug the turbine code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David.

This is a long way to do this but in my situation there is no other way...

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clarification on one of my steps. You don't need a separate Public part for each package. Just one for the "provides an API..." radio button and another for the "can be packaged..." radio button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in Developer Studio . Right click on your project name select properties

select java build path

select "libraries" tab

Select Add jars .browse and add

Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is the Java External Library project and there is no java build path option in

properties window like in Java Project.

I still can't add sources for debuging....

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a jar with sources.

the question is how to add sources (java files) to External Library project that aleady contain jar with classes.

or may be there is some other way to debug jar of external library.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use the External Library project of Netweaver Developer Studio....

There is no option to configure Source Path of this project...

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using JDI for development?

Or you are simply creating a Webdynpro project localy?

Please refer to forum.

Ashu