cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role or Profile with Full Authorization in DISPLAY MODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anyone help me or tell me if there is any standard role or profile which has full authorization in display mode.

I wanted to assign this to all our support team for the PRD server who shud only have the display auths so that the pre-production client can be safe.

I have checked many places for this kind of activity, but found no threads on the same and also realted links.

Can anyone tell me how to get this task done....

I have also tried few possible ways which never helped me and all my efforts failed.

Waiting to hear from SDNs, for which i can assure REWARD POINTS.

Thanks to all in advance

Regards

Hari Haran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By enabling the permission level as 'read', the authorized user/group/role can:

1. View the object in the Portal Catalog using the browse and search capabilities.

2. Open the object in its respective primary and secondary editors in read-only mode; the object cannot be modified.

3. Create instances (delta links and copies) from the object.

4. Gain access to and choose templates in the object creation wizards.

This permission level can be used to prevent portal administrators from editing a particular object, while still allowing them create an instance of the source and use the new instance in any way

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Sir,

I have no clue for what you have replied and i am not sure if it was answered to me... as i m still a jr.basis consultant can you plz be a lil more explainatory...

Would appreciate for your kind responce...

Thanks again in advance

Hari Haran.V