cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access DMS documents from MDM ??

0 Kudos

Hello folks

We have a customer that has SAP DMS (Document Management System from SAP ERP) where the product image files are stored on a SAP Content Server.

We are planning to implement MDM for rich product catalogue whereby end-users access MDM via Portal, but we need to access some documents on DMS too.

I know that there is standard PLM iviews that shows DMS documents linked to a Material, can we use these iviews to modify them so that they are launched on request of user after browsing in MDM iviews (managing same material numbers) ?

Has anyone of you made this ?

Any hint/help on this is most welcome !

Thanks

/Sooriya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206107
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sooriya,

We can get the Product ID from MDM Standard iview through EPCF Eventing. Based on that ID, we can fetch the documents from DMS.

I am new to DMS. Can you please share some information on fetching document links from DMS through standard or APIs?

In my scenario, i have to fetch the documents link from DMS for all Master records and store the link in MDM. Also, when a new master s created in MDM, I have to attach/upload documents for the master record and store the document link in MDM. The actual document is present in DMS. When I send the newly created Master data to ECC, I have to link the Master data and the documents in ECC also.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Arun prabhu S