cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Async/Sync bridge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have read about single Async/Sync and Sync/Async bridges without using BPM. But my scenario is somthing where multiple Async/Sync bridges are required.

Here data will come in the form of an IDOC which is sent to a Oracle database server where we run a stored procedure and get one particular field 'xyz' which has to be updated to SAP R/3 system through a RFC. So it is something like:

IDOC->Oracle->RFC->SAP.

I have tried this using BPM, it is working fine. But because of performance issue, I would like to do it without using BPM. Can anybody please help me out in finding whether it is possible without BPM. If yes, then how?

Thanks

Jaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U can use the lookup functionality.

Ur scenario would then be like this:

Idoc - JDBC lookup - RFC - SAP

Here Ur scenario would br Idoc to RFC with JDBC lookup. Idoc to RFC could be achieved using Async-Sync bridge.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for the reply. Can you please elaborate more on how I should JDBC lookup over here.

Also, the scenario is IDOC to Oracle. The the response from Oracle will give some field which is some 'id' which needs to be sent to RFC as an input. Here RFC is used to update the id in SAP.

Thanks

Jaya

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jaya,

There is no need for BPM in ur scenario. You just need to write UDF in ur mapping program and can fetch the data from ORACLE and pass it to RFC.

Please see /people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

If you need any more info, let us know.

-raj.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i said earlier, u can use JDBC lookup. Through this lookup u can send some data and get the response field 'ID' in ur UDF. The scenario is present in the blog provided by Raj.

Instead of ur Idoc-Oracle scenario, in this case ur design would be modified to idoc-RFC scenario with Jdbc lookup.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek and Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For more about look up u can also refer to