Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigate back and forth bewteen Views in Different Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This thread is in follow with this .

The scenario is , I have Comp1 with View 1 and Comp2 with View2. Now Under Comp1 window, I have embedded the View2 Interface view. Hence I would be able to Navigate from View1 to View2. But when I try to place an Outbound plug for View2 in the Diagram view of window under Comp1, it is not allowing me. Cant I try to navigate from View 2 to View 1.

Any Help.

Regards

Gandolf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandolf,

If you want to navigate from view1 to view2 then put an outbound plug on view1 and link it to the default inbound plug of view2 and this will allow you to navigate from view1 to view2.

If you want to navigate from view2 to view1 then embedd view1 in your comp2 and follow the exact reverse procedure that you followed in the case mentioned by you.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

I am able to add an outbound plug from View 2 to View 1. But the moment, I added an Interface view in a window under Comp2, Comp1 gets added under 'used webdynpro Components' and I get an error : Cycle in component Usage definition.

As Comp1 is using Comp2 and again - Comp2 is using Comp1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandolf,

As per your requirement, embedd view1 interface view1 in your comp2 that will by default have an inboud plug. Now have an outbound plug in view2 and link this to default inbound plug to view1.

You are getting that error because you are embedding view1 in comp2 and view2 in comp1 which is not allowed as it will have a cyclic redundancy.

So, remove view2 interface view from comp1 and you are done.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

I got what you are trying to say. In either case, it would be a One-Way navigation. What if I want to go from View 1 to View 2 and again back to View 1 from View 2.

I hope I made myself clear. Is this achievable ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandolf,

If you want to have the scenario that you mentioned then you need to have an intermediate comp3 between comp1 and comp2.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murtuza!!!

Answers (0)