cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD: Sales order & availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone help me in solving my following problem?

I dont' want system to allocate existing stock to sales order with delivery date after thre months from now.

Can anyone help me? It's really urgent .. please......

Thnaks

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In material master, MM02, change the " X-distribution chain specific material status" [MARA-MSTAV] , to blocked status.Mention the validity dates as required by you. save.

The path is Material master --> Sales Org 1 data.

You can customize your Material statuses in the following path:

spro --> img -->Logistics - General --> Material Master -->Settings for Key Fields --> Data Relevant to Sales and Distribution --> Define Sales Statuses --> select status and view.

here you can maintain the status as "no message", "A - warning" or "B - error message", against sales order specific transactions like Quotation, order, delivery etc.

For your case, you can maintain "B" against Delivery block. So that the system will give a error message whenever someone tries to execute a delivery of that material, from the validity date you have mentioned in the material master.

This will block this material from getting allocated to sales orders, in that Sales organization, for all distribution channels under that S.Org.

reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for you very helpful response.

I want more details on my requirement:

I want system to create a sales order (fwd order) for a delivery after 3 months but not to allocate a specific batch to the order.

Example:

Say there are 2 batches of 500 each and there are two orders for 450 and 550 with delivery date of 6months from now.

System allocates both batches with quantities for the fwd order and when I create another order for a quantities of 100 to be delivered today, system generates a back order and we can't deliver our order today.

Is there any solution that I can get rid of this?

Thanks

Shiv

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv Shankar,

With the help of MM guys you can block a stock from procurement with a validity date in Material Master.

To block a stock move the stock to restricted stock.

Regards,

Sarosh