cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDN vs SAP Community - Overlap/Duplication

Former Member
0 Kudos

I particpate occassonally on the SAP Community BW forums, but the level of activity is much, much lower. I sometimes see the same post on SAP Community and SDN, with replies on SDN and few if any on the Community site.

I'm not trying to bad mouth the Community site, but I'm not clear on what the distinction is, or who the audience is supposed to be. It seems like at a minimum, all of the "developer" types of questions should go to SDN, and if there is a need for business, future direction, etc, maybe that belongs on SAP Community.

I often feel like posting a reply to a technical post on SAP Community with a "Go to SDN" response, but have refrained, not wanting to upset the forum gods. Especailly since the SAP Community folks are sending me a soccer ball for participation.

At any rate, seems like a lot of duplicate effort on SAP's part the way it is now.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pizzaman,

> It seems like at a

> minimum, all of the "developer" types of questions

> should go to SDN, and if there is a need for

> business, future direction, etc, maybe that belongs

> on SAP Community.

Exactly I couldn't have said it better. Business and future direction questions in the SAP Community and all development related questions here on SDN.

> I often feel like posting a reply to a technical post

> on SAP Community with a "Go to SDN" response, but

> have refrained, not wanting to upset the forum gods.

> Especailly since the SAP Community folks are sending

> g me a soccer ball for participation.

If I am not mistaken they stopped that about a year ago.

By the way, are you delivering Pizzaman? I would really love to have one with Anchovies on it. Yum, or Lecker to throw in a German phrase.

All the best, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark -

So, you think no one would take offense if I referred a Community poster to SDN when it is really a technical question and vice versa? Seems like SDN volume has just exploded, but Community posts are still sparse (at least on the BI/BW forums, not achieving critcal mass yet.

Got an e-mail just this week from the Business Community offering up 3 reward choices, a genuine SAP soccer ball, a multi-function pen (not sure what other functions a pen has?) and something else that I can not even remember at this point.

As far as delivery, price of the pizza is reasonable, but the 1st class airfare from Pennsylvania would be salty. Would want to deliver it in style.

Cheers,

John

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm in PA, York to be exact. Where are you located? How much for a delivery charge to York, PA.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rich -

Just up I-83 in the 'burg. Maybe I can get Gov Ed to run one down in his Trooper driven limo at 100mph!

Cheers

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sweet, 40 minute drive, not bad.

Are you working on the "commonwealth" project?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - specifically on the Business Warehouse.

Haven't put any info on my SDN Business Card, they've been a little touchy about that here, but now that I see I could get a "1/4K SDN Member T-shirt" (almost to a 1/2K!!! - wonder if they are all the same color?) I'll have to circle back on the issue.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/09/sdn-t-shirts-more

Former Member
0 Kudos

The t-Shirts are a different color,

Orange, Light Blue, Red, and a very very cool grayish brown but that one says 5k on it

So get yours filled out soon enough and you might get yourself on the list sooner for one to be shipped out and then by the time we get things going smoothly you might end up with a second one on the next go around

Former Member
0 Kudos

5k - I can only dream......

When there's an SAP event, are the oranges allowed to mingle with the blues and red?

Never heard anyone describe grayish brown as a cool color, guess I'll just have to work my way there.

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pizzaman,

You may check out the different ones on the Flickr site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/sdntopcontributorstshirts/

We hope that people add their own pictures to it, so that we get a great gallery of SDN Top Contributors

Best, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You never know

as for the mixing I think we'd all survive!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haven't thought this thru (something my wife accuses me of rather regularly) but this cheerful little banter at the bottom of this thread spawned an idea....

Don't know if this is practical or desirable, or if it is even useful, but what if there was a way to mark a post as invisible.

What do I mean by that you ask?

What if I could reply to a post and mark it as invisible. An e-mail notification and the post would go out to anyone that has the topic set to be watched, but would not result in a visible post to the forum.

Might be useful for something, perhaps just for mindless discussions like this one after the real business of the thread has been concluded.

Message was edited by: Pizzaman

I really need to see if there is an emoticon with a puzzled look.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Pizzaman, do you know a guy up there named Rick Sayers. He was just hired a couple months ago or so. He works HR/Payroll and is an ABAP developer. You know him?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Can anyone from SAP explain the diferences please....

with regards

ashwin