Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Profiles Infotype 1016

former_member66888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to assign a profile to a position (Object type S) via t-code PO13. Then i executed PFUD. However, the role was not transferred to the user id assigned to the position.

but when i assigned the position to the role via PFCG and then executed PFUD, it worked fine. The role was transferred to the user id.

Can someone tell me why it is not working the other way round. I would like to maintain all role assignments in the Organizational Management module.

Thanks,

Zubair Naseer

SAP HCM Consultant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to help without actually seeing your system.

I generally assign roles to job keys then assign the job key to a position using the relationship B007. I then run (SE38>RHPROFL0) to automatically transfer the Role to the User Master.

I havent used IT 1016 since early 2000.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zubair,

Have you Assigned the position to an Personnel Number? If so, check PA20 > 0001 to see if the position number has appeared. Has that Personnel number been assigned a User Master Record (infotype 0105)?

Nathan

0 Kudos

Yes, i have assigned the position to a personnel number and assigned the user id to that personnel number in 0105. Like i said, it works the other way round if i assign the position to the role in PFCG but is not working if i assign the role to the position through PO13.

Might be something simple i am missing, appreciate any help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to help without actually seeing your system.

I generally assign roles to job keys then assign the job key to a position using the relationship B007. I then run (SE38>RHPROFL0) to automatically transfer the Role to the User Master.

I havent used IT 1016 since early 2000.

0 Kudos

Hi,

B007 in relationships is what i was looking for. Created this relationship between position and role and now PFUD is updating the user's authorization. I guess 1016 which i was using previously is meant for structural authorization only.

RHPROFL0 is also updating user's authorization based on B007 relationship but i think this is also meant for the structual authorizations so i'll put transaction PFUD on scheduler.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Zubair Naseer

0 Kudos

Things to check for...

Make sure the position has a valid start and stop date in PA30.

In RHPROFL0, insert only the position you are working on and check testing.

If the test does not show a change of role assignment make sure in PO13 that start date for B007 is one day older from the day you are running RHPROFL0 [not sure why it needs this but that is the only way it works on our landscape].

Lastly, check your settings for HR_ORG_ACTIVE in table PRGN_CUST using SM30.