cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Error and Attempt to save Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I am testing JMS topics, and find that the Engine crashes alot.

I can successfully run topic tests, but after a while the engine will stop running. The symptoms are:

<b>1> Remote Java clients can no longer send or receive

2> Can no longer log onto the J2EE Visual Administrator. No error is indicated when you hit the little "book" idon, just says 99% Trying to connect.</b>

I have tried to fix this, but the only fix I can find is to Re-Install.

But now I am re-installing so often, I am trying to find a solution to this problem.

I have trie to keep a back up of the system as follows:

<b>1> I install and configure SAP Netweaver

2> I turn SAP off with the MMC

3> I turn off the SAP services (SAP WWW, SAP J2E, SAPJ2E_00, and SAPJ2E_01).

4> I backup the \sapdb, \tmp, and \usr directories

5> I turn on SAP with MMC

6> I start the services mentioned above

7> I keep the backup around for the next time it crashes, in order to copy the backups back onto the \sapdb, \tmp\, and \usr directories in hopes it will restore the system without</b>

My problem is that after I shutdown, backup and turn MMC and services back on, the system crashes immediately (Visual Admin wont come back up, clients wont connect).

Does anyone have any suggests on how to:

<b>

1> prevent or fix crashes

2> back up the diretories without crashing ?</b>

Thanks, John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Even if you reinstall the server even once, that is not a normal situation in my humble opinion. I am thinking of two possible reasons for your problems :

1. (Most likely) There is not enough space for the log data volume. That could happens since you are running some stress tests, and the JMS uses the DB tables.

You should enable the "overwrite" mode for the log area. Open the Database Manager, go to Configuration -> Log Settings and choose the Overwrite Mode for the Log Area option.

2. So many messages are generated that The JMS can not clean them on time. Please go to Visual Administrator --> Server 0 --> Services --> JMS Provider and decrease the value of the property cleanUpServiceSleepInterval then restart your server.

Btw, do you have any results of your tests that you would like to share ?

Best Regards

Peter Peshev